Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: royhall on January 14, 2015, 06:44:53 PM
-
Just used the second lot of carb kits from Cruzimage off Fleabay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251551522191?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Am aware they are for a K7/8 and I'm fitting them to F2 carbs, but am only using the seals and gaskets plus the float valves. All these are the same part number for both models so they should be okay.
Unfortunately (just like last time) when bench tested petrol overflows from three out of four float bowls. These carbs has been super cleaned and the floats set to 14.5mm as per book.
Has anybody else had similar trouble with these Cruzimage kits, as this is the second of my bikes that this has happened to. Only way I can stop it is by setting the floats to 18mm, but this is a big step. Will it make a major difference.
Think I may have to postpone tomorrows engine start until I can get this sorted. Can anybody recommend a good quality carb kit, preferably for the 750F2. Cheers.
-
Yes had a few problems with cruzinimage kits.
The needles were slightly different lengths which resulted in the inevitable
-
One thing to be careful of is not to create too much fuel pressure when bench testing.
If the fuel container is higher than a tank would normally be, this would be the case.
It is also worth giving side of carb a gentle tap with the handle of screwdriver to help seat valve.
-
Managed to sort the problem. Changed the float valves for another make (unknown) that I scrounged off a mate. Was spot on straight away. Wont be using Cruzimage kits again. Twice bitten now, only used them as they were cheap. Think I know why now.
-
Never had a problem with a cruzimage carb kit or any of the parts they sell.
-
May have just got unlucky with the float valves I guess. However, under a magnifying glass the rubber cones on the valve ends were rough and burred up. The replacement valves (that worked fine straight away) were very smooth. Will still buy Cruzimage as the four sets were cheaper than two packing sets from DSS, and the seals and gaskets were very good quality. Just wont be using the float valves again, just too much hassle. Are there still good quality sets around for the F2 or are these things now extinct. Cant find them anywhere, even the Cruzimage sets are for K7/8 so can only use part of the kit. Cheers.