Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: csd4t on January 16, 2015, 11:00:35 AM

Title: Present from Holland
Post by: csd4t on January 16, 2015, 11:00:35 AM
Oooooh!!!!
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: JamesH on January 16, 2015, 12:13:21 PM
Blimey - they must have set you back a bit!!!
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: csd4t on January 16, 2015, 12:46:58 PM
Christmas pressy to myself, they seem to have a coating already on the inside but I'm squirting a load of ACF50 in there as well.
Just waiting for a load of stuff from DSS to complete the job. New seat from Leightons fitted
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: JamesH on January 16, 2015, 03:41:36 PM
Nice - so you found a UK K2 in the end..good work.
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: csd4t on January 16, 2015, 08:09:37 PM
Yes James thanks, a 74 UK K2 it needs a fair few bits yet but having a new knee fitted in a couple of weeks so no rush to ride it. I'll post pics when its somwhere near.
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: philward on January 16, 2015, 08:54:47 PM
you mention ACF50 - can you use it inside the exhausts?
Phil
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: Trigger on January 16, 2015, 09:17:48 PM
you mention ACF50 - can you use it inside the exhausts?
Phil

On the original exhausts there is a grey zinc paint on the insides.
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: JamesH on January 16, 2015, 09:29:00 PM

Yes James thanks, a 74 UK K2 it needs a fair few bits yet but having a new knee fitted in a couple of weeks so no rush to ride it. I'll post pics when its somwhere near.
Brilliant - look forward to seeing it when progressed. J
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: csd4t on January 17, 2015, 12:42:02 PM
Nice - so you found a UK K2 in the end..good work.

Dunno but it can't do any harm and I thought whilst they're brand spanking it would be worth it. Removed the diffusers squirted some in there and in the little drain holes underneath now I just keep rotating them every day or so. Probably completely OTT but in my head it's doing good ;D
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: philward on January 17, 2015, 02:17:32 PM
I'm paranoid about corrosion in my new exhaust too - too many memories of the 70's! I'll buy some - thanks
Phil
Title: Re: Present from Holland
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on January 17, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
Cant be over cautious here cost to much and I do remember the 70s
Cheers
Bitsa