Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on January 18, 2015, 08:37:09 PM

Title: Bloody brakes!
Post by: philward on January 18, 2015, 08:37:09 PM
Trying to get some pressure at the lever for the last few weeks.  Had pressure but back to the lever - essentially don't brake the bike!
Tried all tips - tapping lever/caliper, bleeding at every junction, lifting the caliper to highest point, etc, Tried back filling with a sringe but will not force fluid up line (with lever held in) - sringe solid. Same when I try to push the piston back.
I now can't any pressure!
This has made me doubt my master cylinder rebuild!
I've stripped the master cylinder now. The cylinder has 2 holes in the bottom of the reservoir but 1 is blind while the other goes through to the cylinder. (When I shine a torch down the cylinder, I can see the 1 hole).
Question is - should both hole go through to the cylinder. I'm asking in case one's blocked (as I say, when I look down the cylinder, there doesn't seem to be a hole that side).

I'm grasping at straws I know but getting desperate.

Phil
Title: Re: Bloody brakes!
Post by: LesterPiglet on January 18, 2015, 08:54:02 PM
Yes. It's blocked. 1 hole in the MC is tiny. It needs poked with a strand of wire brush or something that fits the hole.
Title: Re: Bloody brakes!
Post by: Johnwebley on January 18, 2015, 09:08:43 PM
if you back bleed,don't hold the lever in,

fill the caliper(s) and connect the pipes ,then press the piston in and force the fluid up to the MS,

normally works 99%
Title: Re: Bloody brakes!
Post by: philward on January 18, 2015, 09:38:44 PM
Thanks - tiny hole was blocked and just cleared it with 1mm drill. Hopefully will be able to get pressure! Will try tomorrow night as been on it for 3 hours today
Thanks guys
Phil
Title: Re: Bloody brakes!
Post by: Trigger on January 18, 2015, 09:42:21 PM
It is better to blow them out with a airline ;)
Title: Re: Bloody brakes!
Post by: philward on January 19, 2015, 09:14:52 PM
With that little hole unblocked, brakes bleed with great lever pressure within 5 mins! Another lesson learned
Phil