Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: dieffe on January 27, 2015, 10:02:01 PM
-
My K1 project came with an oval back light whereas all the pictures I see of K1s all seem to have the rectangular one. Has someone changed it in the past or is there some other reason it has this light?
Mine is like this one.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/dieffe123/Bikes/Taillight_zps18b5643e.jpg)
Cheers.
-
That is the right shape for a UK CB750K1. Hard to find part these days.
Forgot to add, that the other shape is on the USA units.
-
Is the Honda C70 one the same? I have seen them on eBay, well the lenses anyway.
C70 light lens (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-C50-Z-SS50-K-C70-CF70-ST70-C90-CD175-A4-5-REAR-TAIL-BRAKE-LIGHT-LENS-NEW-/311266666171?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4878f066bb)
-
Is the Honda C70 one the same? I have seen them on eBay, well the lenses anyway.
C70 light lens (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-C50-Z-SS50-K-C70-CF70-ST70-C90-CD175-A4-5-REAR-TAIL-BRAKE-LIGHT-LENS-NEW-/311266666171?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4878f066bb)
The UK CB750K1 lens is 33701-041-601 and the C70 is 33701-041-013. Close but, i think it is smaller.
-
The oval lens lamp is on the UK 750 K0 and K1 and the 'Brighton' bike sandcast 750 which also had 'pointy' C50 style 'winker' lenses. I got a NOS rear lamp one from a CD175A 'sloper' for my K0 off eBay. The only difference is the wiring is longer on the 750 so you have to carefully rewire it for it to be exactly the same. Same lamp on the UK CB250K0 & K2 as well. I always thought that the C50 lamp was the same Stanley model reflector/lens too but could be wrong. There are Asian copies but don't know how good they are.
Ash
-
I think at £4.99 it is worth taking a chance. The last NOS K1 rear light i bought set me over £60.