Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Greg H on February 01, 2015, 04:54:35 PM

Title: Crankcase Boring
Post by: Greg H on February 01, 2015, 04:54:35 PM
Hi all. Can anyone recommend a company/individual in the Greater Manchester area who can bore my stock top c/case and block to accept larger liners . Cheers Greg "H".
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: royhall on February 01, 2015, 05:21:09 PM
The guy I use (Burton Engineering) would probably do it. Not in Greater Manchester though, he's in Thornton-Cleveleys near Blackpool. Probably no help to you, but it is driveable.
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: Greg H on February 01, 2015, 06:41:28 PM
Nice 1 Mate  . I'm up there occasionally . I'll look into it  ;).
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: royhall on February 01, 2015, 10:23:43 PM
If you can post a photo of what you want doing, I can call in to Burtons and see if he will do it for you and a rough price. Its only about 1/2 mile from my house so its no problem.
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: Bryanj on February 02, 2015, 06:21:58 AM
Have you already had the cylinders done? Usually get the man who fits and bores the big liners to do it
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: Greg H on February 02, 2015, 08:51:12 PM
If you can post a photo of what you want doing, I can call in to Burtons and see if he will do it for you and a rough price. Its only about 1/2 mile from my house so its no problem.
Thanks mate . I meant to give him a ring today but forgot  ::) I'll ring him tomorrow ( Tue) .

 Bryanj . I havn't had anything done yet cos the bits are on their way over from the states . 
Title: Re: Crankcase Boring
Post by: Greg H on February 03, 2015, 08:22:48 PM
I spoke to the guy today and he says that he can do it . However, he doesn't work weekends ( he works 8 till 5 weekdays only) which is a problem, as there is no way I can get there during the week :(. I'll have wait till the bits come through and then take a day off  :).