Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Lynx on February 03, 2015, 02:10:40 PM
-
I see this months CMM magazine has an interesting article on Sandcast 750s, model differences, dates and values.
-
;) yes had a quick browse at it last week ,i try not to buy mags any more as its the same old codswallop
they interviewed frank so id expect it to be a bit over the top. a bit like his prices :D
-
Just read it, excellent 4 page article. The bike featured is the one Frank Wellond (Motorcycles unlimited) sold before Christmas. As page 64, even the 'sandcast' run had so many minor modifications as it progressed...pointer less kill button on the RHS switch...1st 500
-
Just got digital copy of it as too cold to go to town to Smiths to get a copy (the only place round here guaranteed to have a copy).
Interesting comment by ChrisR who lives a breathes sandcasts.
When DS asked me about the originality of that Mecum Auction sandcast he had already passed on another bike from SOOC club owner, which I told him about and I thought was a good buy at around 23kUSD I think. I then mentioned it to a guy in the UK(no names) and he immediately bought it himself and had already 'sold it on' when I spoke to him last week. Wonder if that's the bike that Frank sold?
Interesting article too on the CB350K4. I have never seen a classic mag article featuring the CB250K0 or 350K1 though. They are so much rarer than K2/K3/K4 but much nicer styling .... well in my eyes... (some harder to find parts than my 750K0 if you can believe it) plus large no8 bolts etc. Plus the 'Fat' cam is the rhino horn of the bike world, robbed from it's carcase to feed the 350k classic racing fraternity. At 325cc that cam gives the 350k twin as standard only 1HP less than the 408cc 400/4. Suppose mine will be worth more than my 400/4 when restored. Probably got DS's resto project to thank for that plus all the 'anoraks', like me, who held onto their 400/4's through thick and thin. You couldn't find a decent 400/4 for sale in the late 80's. Now the markets flooded with them. Cracking bikes though !
Ash