Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Drew400 on February 07, 2015, 01:10:27 PM

Title: Rectifier Wiring
Post by: Drew400 on February 07, 2015, 01:10:27 PM
Hi all,

My bike came with a (presumably non-standard) solid state rectifier that was patched into the old wiring. My new loom assumes something different and so I am trying to make it all work, naturally.

I'd appreciate your help in identifying which of the yellow wires (male ends) from the rectifier, align to which of the female ends in the loom connector - as per the photos below.

Many thanks,

D.
Title: Re: Rectifier Wiring
Post by: AshimotoK0 on February 07, 2015, 01:23:59 PM
The yellows are the standard Honda colour code for the 3-phase output winding's from the alternator stator. It doesn't matter which one connects to which on the aftermarket regulator/rectifier.

You can get the correct mating multiblock  Hitachi OEM connector from' Vintage connections' in the USA . I may have some NOS that will mate up but they are not Hitachi.

Ash
Title: Re: Rectifier Wiring
Post by: Drew400 on February 07, 2015, 01:27:23 PM
Thanks Ash,

I guess that's why they're all the same colour, eh?

I'll now crack on with my connector block and look up your suggestion when I fail with that!

Cheers,

D.