Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Drew400 on February 07, 2015, 01:23:06 PM
-
Hi all,
I have bought a replacement rear mudguard (i.e. the chrome bit) from DSS. Whilst it differs somewhat from the tatty one I removed, I'm assuming its correct given its source and how it looks in comparison with the part catalogue drawing. I'm also assuming that the old one was a non-Honda replacement.
The two bolts on the top align perfectly and fasten it well to the plastic mudguard and the upper rear frame. However, there's a gap where it meets the side of the rear frame. The pictures below aren't great but hopefully they do show the gap (i.e. both are looking from above where the mudguard has angled sides v the frame).
Is this correct and am I missing some spacer or some such?
Thanks, D.
-
They are a bit gappy, that's normal.
-
Ta muchly, Mike.
I'll be closing those gaps up a bit when I insert the side bolts!
Cheers,
D.
-
Have you checked whether the collars for rubber indicator mounts take up any of the space?
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb400f-england_model14639/partslist/F01-5.html#results (http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb400f-england_model14639/partslist/F01-5.html#results)
I did one a while back and had to correct a bodged mounting, but cant remember exactly how it fitted.
-
Thanks Martin,
I have ordered some rubbers along with indicator stalks that were missing when I got the bike and so will have a proper play around when the bits arrive.
Cautionary thought much appreciated.
Cheers,
A.