Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Greebo on February 17, 2015, 10:36:52 AM

Title: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on February 17, 2015, 10:36:52 AM
Hi guys,

Just to say Hi to you Honda Freaks like me.. 8)

I am just having finished a CB750 K6 completely rebuilt/restored as a café racer, it should be finished next month. when it done I will pop some pictures on here.

I also have a Triumph Thruxton & a RE 535 GT, both are great Fun... ;D 
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: mickwinf on February 17, 2015, 11:18:21 AM
Hi and welcome, I like the Enfield!
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: paul G on February 17, 2015, 12:44:14 PM
Hi,
            And welcome a great frendly forum to be part of.
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: AshimotoK0 on February 17, 2015, 01:32:17 PM
Yes welcome..Nice bikes.. like the name as well that's what the scooter lads used to call us bikers when I was  at school.

Ash
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: UK Pete on February 17, 2015, 04:05:51 PM
Hi and welcome from me as well
pete
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: RGP750 on February 17, 2015, 06:37:40 PM
Hi ,Good friendly site this is, British iron as well.
Cor Ash i remember the Greebo thing altho' i had forgotten it
until you hust raked over my grey matter.
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: UK Pete on February 17, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
Greebo's were rockers
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on February 18, 2015, 05:36:19 PM
Hi Guys
 
Thanks for the warm welcome, & yes I am an old Rocker from the 60's, 8)  hence the nick-name.  Just popped a couple more photos on of how the Honda Build was looking the other day, wont be long now , this guy who's building it is Sh*t hot with the early Honda 4 sohc ..I am getting a bit exited now, I might be growing old [ish] but i'll never grow up. 8) :o
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP) on February 18, 2015, 07:34:11 PM
Some of us also said greaser
Welcome
Cheers
Bitsa
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Liam on February 18, 2015, 08:29:09 PM
yes…  welcome aboard!

It was "Greb" where I come from!
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Trigger on February 19, 2015, 09:00:32 AM
Welcome, looks like you will fit in to the mad world of the SOHC.
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on May 17, 2015, 02:27:45 PM
At Last All dun &  dusted, I hope you guys like... :o... 8)
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Spitfire on May 17, 2015, 04:06:18 PM
Nice bikes all of them, we used to be known as greasers or greebos.

Cheers

Dennis
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: royhall on May 18, 2015, 03:04:38 PM
Superb build that Greebo, well done. Does it run and tick over okay with the F2 carbs on it?
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Liam on May 18, 2015, 09:57:35 PM
Looks fantastic!!
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: tom400f on May 19, 2015, 01:47:58 PM
Number plates: saw a Triumph Thruxton (red with the white stripe down the middle) with a black 09 plate. This is Canary Wharf car park and in London they seem to cr@p on you for revenue when you think about rolling a wheel out of place. Wretched CSO Home Guard types.

Oddjob: in my book that is a fight case. Sounds like vigilanti-ism as well  >:(  what's wrong with people??
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on June 18, 2015, 11:31:57 AM
Superb build that Greebo, well done. Does it run and tick over okay with the F2 carbs on it?

Hi Roy,
Sorry for the late reply, but I had not got the bike on the road at that point, now I have, & No it did not run properly, it did tick lover OK, but it was lacking fuel, so re-jetted it with 135mains & lifted the needles 2 notches, but it was still missing especially on the 3rd cylinder....back to the workshop, stripped the carbs again & fitted new bowl kit to all 4 carbs , it is now runs spot on...
Question
The only other issue I have is with the clutch, it is a new clutch, but it only pulls away when the leaver is right at the end [as though its ready for a new clutch]  we have tried adjusting on the cable & with the plate off on the internal adjuster. have you or Anyone alse got any ideas ? 

Cheers
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: royhall on June 19, 2015, 03:09:24 PM
Sounds a bit like the lifter mechanism isn't lifting fully. Its a system where ball bearings run up a ramp as the cable turns the lifter. I would check that as a start point.
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on June 27, 2015, 05:31:24 PM
Update

After a few teething problems [which are to be expected] the bike is now fully sorted & running like a dream,the performance is much more than I expected...... ;D.. 8)
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: mike the bike on June 27, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
I like that, good job.
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Bryanj on June 27, 2015, 07:48:37 PM
Tell us what cured your clutch, others might have the same problem
Title: Re: New Member + photos
Post by: Greebo on June 28, 2015, 09:43:15 PM
With the clutch we simply tried different adjustments until we sorted it, a combination of internal & external tinkering.

With the carb setting issues we first had, we fitted 135 jets & lifted the needles 2 notches from the stock setting, but it was still lacking fuel, so we tried one more notch on the needles & Bingo,it now goes pulls like a train.. 8) could not be happier, but it has took sometime to get here, we started this project last year... :o