Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Drew400 on February 28, 2015, 01:11:06 PM
-
Hello all,
I have attached 3 photos and hope that you can help me by telling me what the wires are for:
Photo 1 - indicator relay: which colour which goes on which terminal? I think my trial and error has blown my main fuse (doh)!
Photo 2 - the blue & red one on the right above the white wire. I can't see that colour combination on my wiring diagram.
Photo 3 - pale green double socket wire from the loom under the tank. I can't see a corresponding coloured plug wire(s) anywhere near there.
Thanks all,
D.
-
Flasher unit/indicator relay is grey left, green top and black right as you look at it but I notice you have an after market flasher unit, when I was using a square one which was designed for LED's I had to swap the grey and black wires.
The pale blue and red goes from the oil switch to the oil light, there should be a matching connection wire the same colour from the pilot assembly.
The double green is part of the common earth that all lights/bulbs share, there should be matches within reach for that too.
-
Thanks for the prompt reply, Bodd.
I shall attend to these forthwith. In the meantime, my green earth wires all appear to be darker green than that one, but I can of course easily check that with my meter.
Cheers,
D.
-
Is it a new loom/harness ? I fit a new one to an FZR a while back and the colours were slightly different to the old one and the original switch gear and pilot assy.
Edit:- The only light green wire is for the horn and it isn't a double connector.
-
Hi Bodd,
Yes it is a new loom so I have assumed that it may be designed for all variants with some superfluous bits. I have tested the double light green wire and it isn't going to ground.
Before I blew the fuse, I got the horn going ok (that's the pale green wire that you can just see sneaking into the picture far right). I also looked under the pilot bulb holder to see what colour the neutral indicator wire is... green (darker)! That may be an old repair so I'll have to keep plugging away with the tester. Getting a new main fuse will help.
Quick further question: are the sprung centres of the pilot case bulb holders supposed to be live or earth (and therefore the outer casings the opposite)?
Ta, D.
-
Drew
The first photo of blk grn and white are the regulator wires
Cheers
Bitsa
-
The red/white in the shell goes to starter switch on the bars as for the greens they are earth
Cheers
Bitsa
-
Sorry Drew pic (old one) is a little out of focus but here are the electrics under the side panel
-
Quick further question: are the sprung centres of the pilot case bulb holders supposed to be live or earth (and therefore the outer casings the opposite)?
The centre is live and the outer is earth.
-
The relay is grey,blk and green
Regulator grn,white and blk
Can be mixed up with an old loom as the colours lose clarity
Cheers
Bitsa
-
The outer casings of the pilot lamp holders are connected to 0V (green) for the high beam, left and right.
The oil pressure and neutral outer casings are connected to 12V (black)
Flasher relay, green-0V, black-12V, grey-indicator switch
-
Thanks Mike.
Cheers, D. (off to but a fuse)