Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Graeme77 on March 29, 2015, 03:07:25 PM

Title: carb overflows
Post by: Graeme77 on March 29, 2015, 03:07:25 PM
I just got my cb750f1 running again. Runs nice.
Floats set at 26mm.
One overflow leaks a bit though but it only leaks when you turn the engine off. A few seconds atfer switching off it burps about a thimble full of fuel out of one overflow. It doesnt overflow at any other times, just one short discharge a few seconds after killing the ignition.

Ive just been through the carbs, cleaned and checked and all seems good.

Any thoughts?
Title: Re: carb overflows
Post by: JamesH on March 29, 2015, 03:11:56 PM
Did you replace the float valves or clean existing?
Title: Re: carb overflows
Post by: Graeme77 on March 29, 2015, 03:53:35 PM
I cleaned the existing. I checked they all sealed and released properly though. There was no issues.

Whats puzzling me is why it only overflows a small amount and why only after being run.

I just ran it again and there was no fuel overflow after this time, id still like to understand whats going on though.