Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: mr wilkes on April 06, 2015, 10:45:12 AM

Title: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mr wilkes on April 06, 2015, 10:45:12 AM
Hi Guys, was a member on here a few years ago but due to kids and stuff lost touch, I have a 1976 CB500 Four which I bought years ago and have restored over the years, I now want to get it on the road, I wrote to Honda for an age related document years ago and have that somewhere. Please can someone shead some light on the current process for getting an age related plate? last time I looked into it I got so frustrated that I just gave up! bikes been sat in garage ever since and its a real shame for it to be sat there doing nothing. Help!!!

Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Bryanj on April 06, 2015, 02:37:41 PM
A Few Questions before advice

(1) is this an imported bike and if so from where
(2) If imported do you have the customs/duty paid paperwork
(3) Is it ready for MOT

Can you give me the Frame number and engine number, privately in a PM if you prefer
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Green1 on April 06, 2015, 07:47:52 PM
Welcome back Mr W 
Don't forget to post a pic

Mick
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mickwinf on April 06, 2015, 07:59:40 PM
welcome and hope you get sorted soon, love the 500.
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mr wilkes on April 06, 2015, 08:44:54 PM
A Few Questions before advice

(1) is this an imported bike and if so from where
(2) If imported do you have the customs/duty paid paperwork
(3) Is it ready for MOT

Can you give me the Frame number and engine number, privately in a PM if you prefer
PM sent
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mr wilkes on April 06, 2015, 08:47:32 PM
Welcome back Mr W 
Don't forget to post a pic

Mick
Hi Mick, have tried to post a pic but the file is too big! am I doing it wrong?
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/1Wilkes/WP_000150.jpg

started out as this
http://s290.photobucket.com/user/1Wilkes/media/P1000003.jpg.html
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Green1 on April 06, 2015, 08:55:29 PM
You can edit pics and resize sorry I can't remember how. ::)
I tend to use photobucket now as it's much easier.
I'm sure someone will be along soon to explain how to do it.

Mick
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Green1 on April 06, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
This may help

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,7800.0.html
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Mike on a bike on April 06, 2015, 09:20:26 PM
Nice looking bike.  :)
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mr wilkes on April 06, 2015, 09:25:31 PM
Nice looking bike.  :)
Thanx, will need a good polish when I drag it out of the garage.
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Green1 on April 06, 2015, 09:28:55 PM
I should have bought a 500  8)

Mick
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: Bryanj on April 07, 2015, 06:49:36 AM
I have replied and will talk direct for "security" reasons!!!
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: petersy on April 07, 2015, 10:18:44 AM
Nice 500 Mr Wilkes

I like to think that I'll find one as good as that one day.

Meanwhile I have just recommissioned and registered (it took 10 days) a CB550 from the States.

See my thread here...

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,7983.15.html
Title: Re: Hi from sunny Blackburn.
Post by: mr wilkes on April 07, 2015, 04:02:31 PM
Nice 500 Mr Wilkes

I like to think that I'll find one as good as that one day.

Meanwhile I have just recommissioned and registered (it took 10 days) a CB550 from the States.

See my thread here...

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,7983.15.html
Some good info there, cheers.