Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: andut on April 08, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

Title: 400/4 Rebore Required?
Post by: andut on April 08, 2015, 09:32:41 PM
Engine striped now and I was hoping I'd get away with a light deglaze of the bores that I measured at 51.0 (but only have vernier callipers available) Ring gaps were on the max tolerance so I have ordered a set of std rings, but subsequently left the barrels with a machine shop to hone but they have mic'd bores at 51.1 - does that sound like a rebore to next size is required ?  Will hang on until the new rings arrive and will check gaps, but should I be prepared for a rebore ?

If so, any recommendations for oversize pistons ?

Thanks

Andy
Title: Re: 400/4 Rebore Required?
Post by: mike the bike on April 08, 2015, 10:05:56 PM
The next oversize is 51.25, 
I'd wait for the new rings to arrive and measure the end gaps as the old rings would have worn a bit.
Title: Re: 400/4 Rebore Required?
Post by: Lynx on April 12, 2015, 10:01:58 PM
It will be fine .