Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ginger_jim on May 08, 2015, 12:50:12 PM
-
Hi all, the output loom for the stator and field coil needs to be refurbished as basically knackered. Everthing has gone brittle due to age and heat from the oil I guess. Any recommendations for refurbishing as I might as well get everything checked as part of the process?
Cheers
-
A member named Big Al makes the sub loom for the alternator. Had one off him last month. As long as the coil is not going to ground it should be OK.
-
Theres a guy on the great ebay whos offering this service, MOTORCYCLE GENERATOR ALTERNATOR REWIND SERVICE punch that in or go to www.elliottmc.co.uk if its knackered twill cost around a 100 squid,it might not be in that case its a fiver for testing it,hope this helps.
-
Thanks Trigger, its the wires between the sub loom and the windings/coil that are the problem. Got it all sorted now by a local guy called Mr Williams in Teignmouth, Devon. He confirmed the tests I did, just needs some new wire (which is protected against heat and oil ingress)to the sub loom, which incidentally I got off Big Al - hes in Manchester right?
Mr Williams is charging £15 for his work - you cant be bad to that now can you :D
-
£15? Absolute bargain! The joys of living in the Westcountry with old fashioned ways and service ;D
-
£15? Absolute bargain! The joys of living in the Westcountry with old fashioned ways and service ;D
That was a good hairy. I was trying to think who we used for alternators re-winds years ago, it was Westcountry windings but, i see that they are located in Harlow know ;D ;D
-
Excellent value (£15) to carry out the insulation & continuity tests of the windings.
If you need some heat shrink sleeve & high temp sleeve to complete the repair just let me know, I will post some free of charge
Big Al... based in Manchester
-
Thanks for the offer Al, much appreciated.
-
The only time I have ever seen the coils go down is with physical damage after an accident, never yey seen one burnt out