Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Coppertop1234 on May 10, 2015, 11:46:39 AM
-
Hi All
Keith Snr here, son keith Jnr will be along later.
Live in South Yorkshire
Hobbies restoring old cars and bikes
Previously had numerous bikes several 750/4 F1 in 70's & 80's
Last restored a 750f1 in 1999 and it is presently sorn so rebuild wasn't that bad
Last bike was a GSX1400 8 years ago.
Both sons just started with proper bikes after passing test
So we are presently in process of rebuilding 2 x 1978 750 F1,s
Both have been off road since 1990
1 is a proper basket case but is now starting to look good - engine in and running
1 was unmolested but in need of restoration
Spare bike is a us import - mainly a frame and a few bits and bobs
Both will be on the road this summer and be as near original as possible
Anyone with any F1 parts going cheap? could do with a L/H handlebar switch unit
Cheers
Keith Snr
-
Hello Keith and welcome to the forum ;), post some photos of your bikes when you get chance :) cheers Mick.
-
Welcome Keith
I would get my dad to post on here but it takes him half hour to work out how to turn the TV on.
Mick
-
Welcome from me too Keith - good luck with the rebuilds
Phil
-
Sounds like you've got some lucky sons! Welcome!
-
Pic of bike when we bought it it looks different now with right exhaust and some fettling(http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/keithjones1400/Honda/Honda%206_zpseu4gnuwy.jpg) (http://s252.photobucket.com/user/keithjones1400/media/Honda/Honda%206_zpseu4gnuwy.jpg.html)
(http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/keithjones1400/Honda/IMG_1684_zpszq9smm4d.jpg) (http://s252.photobucket.com/user/keithjones1400/media/Honda/IMG_1684_zpszq9smm4d.jpg.html)
-
Are those Melbur alloys?
-
Yes
I thought lesters but informed they are Melbur
Its also stamped into alloy so if I had my glasses on I would have read it when refurbing them
in projects I have shown pics of front wheel restored what a difference it makes they now look nice in my opinion
Cheers
Keith Snr
-
I thought so, I have a set just the same for one of my cb500's they do have a nice look to them for alloys.
-
Hi to both kieths, and welcome, lovely looking F1 you have,
pete
-
Welcome guys - look forward to seeing your progress..,
-
Welcome and love those wheels all the best
Bitsa
-
Hello from sunny Kent.