Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Noise on May 12, 2015, 10:39:14 AM
-
Hello folks,
My name is Keith or my Nickname of Noise if you'd like. and i have just joined the SOHC/4 house as i have just bought (well a few months ago now) a 1972 or 1977 CB750 chopper with twisted steel springer and a Amen Savior plunger frame from Wisconsin USA as a means to get away from the wife and two daughters.
I'm and Ex Tanky from the 1st Royal Tank Reg in the British Army for a little bit of background
Hopefully be able to pick your brains on a few matters later in time ;)
-
Welcome Noise. Saw you joined the US forum a couple of days back and was going to direct you here - glad you found your way...plenty of knowledge on here. Enjoy.
-
Plus 1 with James
Cheers
Bitsa
-
My only visits to .net noadays seem to be to hunt around for any locals to direct here. I haven't "Moderated" anything over there for months - mostly I leave it to Bob Wessner...
Welcome Keith.
Put your location in your forum profile - that'll stop the "where are you?" posts when this one has sunk below the threshold.
Steve
(Born and bred in Bridgwater)
-
Thank you all, yer i did join the one over the pond but seen another chap called Keith too that was directed over here so thought id follow suit.
Been a member of another bike forum for some time too so its always nice to meet and chat bikes to other like minded folk.
put a pic of my bike as my avatar which hopefully you can see? hoping to have her road worthy in a year or two depending on money
-
Hello Keith and welcome ;) do you plan on keeping the bike as a chopper or are you going to put it back to standard ? cheers Mick
-
Hi Mick,
Sadly im one of those freaks that love choppers and bobbers so she will be kept as a chop. My last bike was a Yamaha (sorry for swearing) XVS650 dragstar which i stripped down and added a bit more power to but after 4 years it was time to move on.
Don't get me wrong a stock cb750 is a pure work of art but staying normal isn't in my nature ha-ha.
-
There's nowt wrong with choppers 8), can you post some bigger photos of your bike ;) cheers Mick.
-
Here you go mick
(http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/raque0786/1972%20cb750%20chop/DSC_1036_zpszbam2ruw.jpg) (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/raque0786/media/1972%20cb750%20chop/DSC_1036_zpszbam2ruw.jpg.html)
(http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/raque0786/1972%20cb750%20chop/DSC_1037_zpsnpc5povr.jpg) (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/raque0786/media/1972%20cb750%20chop/DSC_1037_zpsnpc5povr.jpg.html)
-
Hi noise and welcome,
I love choppers and bobbers, unfortunately i had to sell my hardtail 750 sohc chop and my xvs1100 bobber to raise money earlier this year, however i am building a chopper out of a single cylinder 600 kawasaki at the moment
pete
-
Hi Noise,
Great looking bike, I really like those American 70's choppers.
I expect you've found this site http://www.hondachopper.com
Good luck with refurb.
Tim
-
Sounds like a nice build you have there Pete, i was also toying with getting the 1100 draggy but kinda spotted this one and got carried away ha-ha
Thank you Tim, that link was very helpful, just found out that my bike has all Amen Chopper parts, very interesting and helps me find out some more history on it.
-
My 750 hard tail i sold
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/cb750%2070s%20chop/70schop012_zpsb5d09d85.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/cb750%2070s%20chop/70schop012_zpsb5d09d85.jpg.html)
the xvs dragstar i sold
(http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad90/UK-Pete/dragstar/IMAG0785_zps86ff86c3.jpg) (http://s924.photobucket.com/user/UK-Pete/media/dragstar/IMAG0785_zps86ff86c3.jpg.html)
pete
-
I think there is even a post on refurbishing the springs on the rear of your chop somewhere on that site.
-
Yer just spotted that there Tim downloaded and printed ready for that stage ;)
Can't see your pics yet Pete as im at work at the moment and they blocked the use of photo sharing so will have to check them out when i get home.
-
They are really nice Pete! Love that coffin tank!!
Here is the engine of my 650 dragstar after I rebuilt it(http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/raque0786/DSC_0278_zps0f9e6902.jpg) (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/raque0786/media/DSC_0278_zps0f9e6902.jpg.html)
And here she was....(http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/raque0786/650%20bobber/DSC_0710_zps3ef1irml.jpg) (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/raque0786/media/650%20bobber/DSC_0710_zps3ef1irml.jpg.html)
-
Welcome
Sorry I don't understand choppers ??? But I can appreciate the work that goes into them. 8)
Keep us posted with your progress as I will follow with interest non the less.
Mick
-
Every man to their own I say. There are those who say we are mad fussing about originality. As long as it gives you pleasure I say do what you like. And those original CB750 chopper boys yielded some very nice spare early cycle parts when they took them off to replace with chopper style bits. The http://www.hondachopper.com site is a good site to join also. Their engine data / specs. has been used by most of the forums I have seen.
Ash
-
Noise, have a look at this site as well mate.
http://www.chopperhandbook.com/