Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: andut on May 12, 2015, 12:10:49 PM
-
Could do with some help / guidance / experience on carb rebuilding please !
Carbs are all stripped for cleaning and new gaskets & O rings, but it appears someone has already been playing as some of the parts were not in the same order in each carb !
From what I can see in the parts diagram, I should have the following order of parts on each of the throttle shafts that enter the to p of the carb bodies;
• Captive washer / Spring holder
• Spring
• Felt washer ?
• Stepped plastic bush that locates into the body housing
And then inside the carb body;
• Plain plastic bush ~ 4mm wide
• Throttle / slider arm with securing screw and lock tab
Does that sound right ?
Next question re’ needle valves – I’ve renewed the O ring, but the valve body now doesn’t sit very far into the casting and as a result the locating tab does not sit flat against the casting. So either I’ve used an O ring that’s too fat, or, it’s normal for a new O ring, and I should adjust the float height to compensate - any thoughts or experience please ?
Thanks in advance for any help !
-
Andy,
Just had a look at a [probably scrap] carb I have.
Sequence of parts looks correct to me, washer between spring and plastic bush is metal, probably plated.
I replaced needle valves using parts from a Cruzinimage kit which many others seem to have also used.
As I recall they were quite a snug fit, twisting gently got them to seat where they should.
Chris
-
Thanks Chris !
I also have the Cruzin Image kits, but elected to use the original needle valves which looked fine with new o rings - I'll check vs. the new C I valve & O ring to get them seated better - the way they are now just doesn't look right !
Andy