Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Coppertop1234 on May 16, 2015, 06:11:20 PM

Title: Seat Covers
Post by: Coppertop1234 on May 16, 2015, 06:11:20 PM
Looking to replace the seat cover to as near original style as possible as in my project info and a few questions  below would assist me if possible

Seen aftermarket on David Silvers that look similar and is one option
seen another on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB750-F1-F2-SEAT-COVER-FREE-POSTAGE-STRAP-/261420222700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cdddc08ec

Anyone fitted one of these from either what is quality like?

Know of another supplier in uk?

Suggestion to place a gel insert into foam during recover - comments?

Chers Keith Snr
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on May 16, 2015, 06:37:32 PM
I bought a seat cover from (n.soul.phil) for my 'CD175 sloper' restoration, very pleased with the quality. Not seen any of the CB 750 covers, but I would imagine he has done his homework.
Photo attached.

Good luck with your project

Alan
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: Coppertop1234 on May 16, 2015, 09:32:29 PM
2 x Seat covers ordered from ebay from(n.soul.phil)
They look as original  can't remember if the 78 F1 had HONDA on rear of seat?
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: Spitfire on May 17, 2015, 09:01:12 AM
My 1976 F1 (red) did not have Honda on the back of the seat when I bought it new.
(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/PFM212PNEW2_zpshn89lpm8.jpg)

Cheers

Dennis
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: royhall on May 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM
The F1 doesn't have a Honda logo on the seat. It's sometimes on the back of the seat hump, depends which market the bike was sold into. Not sure but I think the European bikes had the logo but not the USA. I am open to be corrected on that though.
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: Chris400F on May 17, 2015, 09:54:24 AM
A bit late if you have now ordered, but here is another one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Seat-Cover-C-W-Strap-Honda-CB750-F1-F2-NO-HONDA-LOGO-/171784038541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27ff20688d
I got the cover for my 400/4 seat from here, all seemed good to me.
Title: Re: Seat Covers
Post by: Coppertop1234 on May 17, 2015, 04:26:08 PM
Thanks for comments

No logo - Great
No Gel seat insert - Great

Always best to check these things out
 "A few heads are better than just 1"

Cheers

Keith Snr