Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: bandit12umm on June 07, 2015, 08:53:29 PM

Title: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: bandit12umm on June 07, 2015, 08:53:29 PM
Hi  folks, just making myself known to you at the moment but will be asking for loads of advice and help in the near future with regards to a `78 400/4 I am restoring. I also have a 2002 1200 bandit which I`ve owned from new.
My first 2 wheeler was a Honda PC50 in 1972 after that; CB125s, SL125, CB250G5, CB400/4F2, CB200, CB250superdream, CB750F, 600 bandit and at the present 1200s bandit and 400/4. :o
Hope to meet up with some of you guy`s in the future.
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: ka-ja on June 07, 2015, 08:58:55 PM
Hi,
     Welcome to a fellow yellowbelly and another 400/4
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 07, 2015, 09:07:04 PM
Hi and Welcome.
Good to see another 400/4 owner on the forum. Many more and we will be making a bid for world domination  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Julie
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 07, 2015, 09:16:37 PM
Welcome  .. Nice history of bikes you owned.

Back in the 1980's 'Performance Bikes' magazine  ran a feature 'Project Dole Racer' and from memory they got the donor bike, a 400/4 from a scrapyard in a place called Long Sutton, think it was on an Industrial Estate.

Ash
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 07, 2015, 09:22:10 PM
Your memory is unbelievable Ash. Are you one of the rare men who can remember the dates of birth of your children as well?
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: mike the bike on June 07, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
Aye, welcome fellow 400four owner and restorer.   Any chance of some pics?
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: Trigger on June 07, 2015, 09:59:33 PM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, enjoy.
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: Tiny Tim on June 08, 2015, 04:17:35 PM
Hi from a sunny Kent.
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 09, 2015, 08:48:26 AM
Your memory is unbelievable Ash. Are you one of the rare men who can remember the dates of birth of your children as well?
Errm no I always get flustered when they ask me as hospitals etc.  :-[  :-[  I seem to have a mental block on it. Plus I always get the 24 hour clock wrong !
I did try to get copies of the PB magazines with 'Dole Racer in them to scan and put on Dropbox to share . Got the final ones but not the early ones. I think Long
Sutton is possibly near to where EMAP were based. Always remembered they had a close up shot of the Dole racer 400/4 carbs with straw around it and a little toy bird squawking "Think yer need to go up a size on 'yer mains mate". Think that magazine also had 'Erec-Trode' character in it 'From the Land of the Rising Yen plus 'Tina Tailpipe' cartoon chracter. Happy days when I was restoring my 400/4 and nothing about for them easily pre-internet. sadly I saw the 'Dole racer' broken up for parts on eBay Uk a few years ago. It was white and loosely based on the 'Mocheck Harrier' 460cc.

Waffling again .. must do some graft !

Ash
Title: Re: Hello from South Lincs
Post by: Bryanj on June 09, 2015, 09:33:51 AM
Wasn't there a mention of that one in the Classic Bike articles where they did up a 400/4?