Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Coppertop1234 on June 19, 2015, 02:47:37 PM
-
identification problem - Project 2 Forks
Keith Jnr purchased set of F1 forks from e bay which had one of the bolts with fit into top yoke missing
Ordered replacements from DSS when they arrived they were different to what 1 needed
The chrome bolt at the top of the forks on the set which were sold as F1 screw into the station but also have thread which retains the compression spring.
The set from DSS only have an hole on the inside of the bolt No Thread
DSS checked all K Series and F Series for the part I need but no joy
It sounds like I was sold forks off some other Honda - any clues which model?
The tops of the forks legs have previously had a shroud fitted to hold the headlamp like K Series
Could be easier to source another set of front forks/
Anyone got a half decent set of F1 forks they wi to part with or swap for some F2 forks
Cheers
Keith Snr
-
The only ones i know of that have the long retaining rod is the early 500 four and maybe the 450 twin
-
My F1's do not have threads on fork caps apart from outer part to screw into stanchion.
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750f1-super-sport-1976-england_model14680/partslist/F07.html#results
-
+1 to Martin
-
Qustin,
Do you have a threaded bar to screw into the top nut?
If not it don't matter either will do
If yes they are completely the wrong forks
-
When I bought my K2 in bits, after ordering new fork station caps I got the same caps as you - the rusty ones I had from the forks had internal thread that screwed into the central threaded bar - turns out that the forks where from a CB500F (after much research. I've since changed the whole forks to the proper later K2
Phil