Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Coppertop1234 on June 21, 2015, 06:51:46 AM

Title: F1 Seat Strip/Cowl Bolts
Post by: Coppertop1234 on June 21, 2015, 06:51:46 AM
When removing my seat to recover it I had problems with the bolts/studs that retain the metal band from tail pice to seat.
They were rusted and broke so I would need new to refit.

I tried to source some with no joy as the studs/Bolts seem unique to the bike.
The metal strip has a hole and track the bolts/studs fit into the hole and slide through the track to where they fit onto seat base and cowl.

After pondering for a while I decided to make my own as the only ones I found were used and bent etc

A normal 6" Nail is the same head size and flat so it will slide in the track with no problem
I bought a pack for £4.00 from B&Q and ground the bolt to size for about 1" close to the head and cut off the excess
Once ground to approximate size I used a tap and dye set to thread the ground bar and put a nut and washer on each
(if you don't have a tap and dye set they are fairly cheap and a handy tool)
I will cut excess thread off during fitting

Problem solved for £4.00

Hope this helps others out who have the same issue

Chers

Keith Snr