Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: billy192 on July 05, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

Title: Shall i sell
Post by: billy192 on July 05, 2015, 08:29:37 AM
I have just received this mail re selling my Kawasaki S3 400. you have to laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D
mmmm let me see




Ok my friend,

There is know problem since you sale Kawasaki S3 5000 pounds I am in Germany which flying to Ivory Coast. In very shoot time period but i will make sure the payment is sent before I make my movement.

Which the shipping will round to UK to my son address because he will be the one in charge of Kawasaki S3.

Now provide me your contact address informations to receive the cheque from me and send the rest balance once you clear it into your bank account to my son William in UK to enable him come around with my shipping company for pick up.
Let me have your full correct contact to receive parcel.

Best Regard.
Grey.
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: haynes66 on July 07, 2015, 07:15:50 PM
sounds legit!
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: philward on July 07, 2015, 10:06:58 PM
I had a similar contact message from someone in Belgium when selling a TL1000 on Gumtree a few years ago - someone must fall for it!
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: Bryanj on July 08, 2015, 07:15:56 AM
Tell him yes but he can't collect or have "Change" until the cheque has cleared and it will take 3 months
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: mike the bike on July 08, 2015, 07:47:02 AM
You mean a shoot time period ;D
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: paul G on July 08, 2015, 08:22:03 AM
I sold a car a few years back and had the same thing.
I agreed and he sent the cheque, told him it was lost in the post so he sent another same reply so he sent another.
I must have used half his dodgy cheques up before he stopped sending them  ;D
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: Trigger on July 08, 2015, 08:30:45 AM
I sold a car a few years back and had the same thing.
I agreed and he sent the cheque, told him it was lost in the post so he sent another same reply so he sent another.
I must have used half his dodgy cheques up before he stopped sending them  ;D

Was that me Paul ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: paul G on July 08, 2015, 12:39:14 PM
Might have been.
You have to be very carefull with that scam as the cheque believe it or not WILL clear in your account so you think you have the funds.
It then gets stopped when the cheque is presented to the senders account.
What they tried with me was sending more than was requested and getting you to wire the balance back to them  ;D ;D ;D
It is the wired funds they are after.
Title: Re: Shall i sell
Post by: mike the bike on July 08, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
To make the sale go smoother, try sending him your bank details, PIN, security questions and mother's maiden name.