Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 12:11:50 PM

Title: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 12:11:50 PM
Gents, i have a spare set of carbs im going to put on Ebay, they came off a donor bike i had. Need a clean up, just wondering what they are worth before i put them on there or if any one wants them on here? Thanks.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 01:01:10 PM
What number are the carbs ? and how many beer tokens are you wanting?
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 01:54:03 PM
Where is the number by? ill have a look when i get home.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 02:34:37 PM
Where is the number by? ill have a look when i get home.

You should see the number on number 4 carb easy, it will have a number stamped on the body eg,267B
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 03:22:33 PM
All I can see is "Kei Kin" the manufacturer I presume. Can't see a number any where.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 03:33:04 PM
All I can see is "Kei Kin" the manufacturer I presume. Can't see a number any where.

It will be like this>>
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 03:38:33 PM
you should see it on the right side>>
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 03:42:29 PM
It's 069A. Any ideas which one it is now? Cheers.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 03:50:08 PM
They are CB550 carbs  ;)
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 04:05:55 PM
They are CB550 carbs  ;)
Oh right. They need a clean, what do you think is a reasonable price to sell them for? Thanks for the help.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 04:10:50 PM
They are CB550 carbs  ;)
Oh right. They need a clean, what do you think is a reasonable price to sell them for? Thanks for the help.

I know of someone that is looking for a set and has £40 burning a hole in there pocket.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 04:13:46 PM
They are CB550 carbs  ;)
Oh right. They need a clean, what do you think is a reasonable price to sell them for? Thanks for the help.

I know of someone that is looking for a set and has £40 burning a hole in there pocket.
If he's close to me he can pick them up or I'll ship them if he pays the shipping as well. Should be around £6-£10 depending on the weight  plus the £40 and he's on. Tell him to message me. Nice one. Thanks.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Trigger on July 07, 2015, 04:16:54 PM
Will pass on the info ;)
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 04:20:33 PM
Nice one thanks.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 07, 2015, 05:04:25 PM
Hi.
I understand Graham (Trigger) has been trying to spend my money....again  ;D ;D ;D ;D. I see the price for the carbs is £40 + postage. You may find the postage is a bit more than you are anticipating as the carbs are quite weighty. Can you weigh them for me please and work out a postage cost or let me know the weight and I will work it out.

Many thanks
Julie
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Spanner1972 on July 07, 2015, 05:10:30 PM
Just weighted them and they are just under 5kg. Just spoke to the courier I use who are local to me and in all honest excellent in service and it will be £9:99 to post them. Hope this is ok for you.
Title: Re: CB500 Carb set
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 07, 2015, 05:16:25 PM
Ta. I will PM you