Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ginger_jim on July 09, 2015, 08:21:38 AM

Title: K7 rear shocks
Post by: ginger_jim on July 09, 2015, 08:21:38 AM
Hi all, having covered a couple of hundred miles on the old girl im uncovering a couple of issues. 

1 - The bike has a set of very nice hagons but they are so hard the bike reminds me of a hardtail I rode, which subsequently put me off choppers for life because of untold kidney damage :-)  I suspect they are not the correct set for the model.  I wondered if any of you concours guys might have an non-standard set lying around that I could try?

2 - Very slight oil leak from head gasket on the outside of no.4   - might sound like a stupid question but has anyone any tricks up theirs sleeves from tightening the head nuts without removing the engine?

Cheers all, Jamie

Title: Re: K7 rear shocks
Post by: Bryanj on July 09, 2015, 08:57:32 AM
(1) Hagon will sell you lighter springs but need lots of details and I think about £60

(2) there arent any and tightening rarely works, wait till its bad and do it right
Title: Re: K7 rear shocks
Post by: ginger_jim on July 09, 2015, 09:45:36 AM
My own fault, I broke one of my own cardinal rules and used a pattern head gasket. 

Oh well, something to do next winter!