Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on July 12, 2015, 08:50:30 PM

Title: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: philward on July 12, 2015, 08:50:30 PM
I know these D washers have been discussed on several posts before but has no one made any from dimensions off the originals? I was just going to order 2 from DS but £6 each! (so £15 posted in total). I made some up from washers for the later yokes I had on to accomadate the repo clocks, but now that I have got the original rhino horn top yoke on, don't want to risk a yoke breakage.
Anybody got any or dimensions?
Phil
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Trigger on July 12, 2015, 09:49:49 PM
I know these D washers have been discussed on several posts before but has no one made any from dimensions off the originals? I was just going to order 2 from DS but £6 each! (so £15 posted in total). I made some up from washers for the later yokes I had on to accomadate the repo clocks, but now that I have got the original rhino horn top yoke on, don't want to risk a yoke breakage.
Anybody got any or dimensions?
Phil

Here you go : 16mm OD, 8mm ID, 2.3mm thick and the cut away is to 14mm  ;)
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: philward on July 12, 2015, 10:06:23 PM
Cheers Graham - l'll have go at making a pair
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Trigger on July 13, 2015, 06:52:23 AM
Cheers Graham - l'll have go at making a pair

Made a few in my time  ;D
The last one's were made from manifold spacers at ID 8.5, OD 15.5 and 3mm thick. Took them down to 2.4 mm but, you may find some better size ones with a look about.
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 13, 2015, 07:24:33 AM
I just measured one that's been stripped of its original coating and it measures 2.3 mm thick
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Trigger on July 13, 2015, 07:43:23 AM
I just measured one that's been stripped of its original coating and it measures 2.3 mm thick

Did say 2.3mm originally Ash but, the last ones I did were at 2.4mm to be on the safe side ;)
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Bryanj on July 13, 2015, 07:50:14 AM
Come on you two, arguing over 4thou
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Trigger on July 13, 2015, 07:54:16 AM
Come on you two, arguing over 4thou

4 thou is a mile in engineering these days  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: csd4t on July 13, 2015, 08:12:48 AM
Come on you two, arguing over 4thou

4 thou is a mile in engineering these days  ;D ;D ;D
And there's millions of them thou's in an inch ;)
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: philward on July 13, 2015, 08:15:16 AM
That's exactly what I've just ordered!
Title: Re: Top yoke D Washers
Post by: Bryanj on July 14, 2015, 09:29:30 AM
Come on you two, arguing over 4thou

4 thou is a mile in engineering these days  ;D ;D ;D

Not on a 70's Triumph it aint!!!