Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on July 19, 2015, 08:52:47 PM

Title: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: philward on July 19, 2015, 08:52:47 PM
How good does this look! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-cb750-cr750-classic-race-bike-parade-replica-/201391388230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee3dcb646
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: JamesH on July 19, 2015, 08:57:12 PM
Very sensible reserve as well. Check out that rear hub brake plate...
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: MarkCR750 on July 19, 2015, 09:12:14 PM
That is very nice, all the engine work done as well, it will be interesting to see what it makes, I saw a similar one fail to make 6k a couple of years ago and inferior ones make 8k, so its anybodys guess, how deep are your pockets Phil? :)
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: philward on July 19, 2015, 09:22:33 PM
No where near deep enough for that one I think! I have a few bikes on the go a the moment (not moving at the moment much - not the normal delays but unfortunately due to family illness problems) but after TL250 and Suzuki XZ800 Café Racer, I have a 750 frame, engine, forks that I would like to make into a CR750 - but where a few years away from that I'm afraid.
Phil
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: MarkCR750 on July 19, 2015, 09:39:40 PM
Yes time is the enemy as always, I've added up the hours I've spent on my CR, its currently just over 200 hours, that's 5 weeks work at 40 hrs per week,  but I have been building it for about 2 years!, by the way when you build yours don't put the Perspex screen on the outside of the fairing as he has, or use nylock nuts, or reverse the gear lever instead of using a linkage, I could go on but it's obvious that I'm just jealous  :)
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: philward on July 19, 2015, 10:11:17 PM
Don't worry - advise will be sought from the experts on here when I get round to it!
Title: Re: CR750 - I want it!
Post by: r1_pete on July 20, 2015, 08:12:46 PM
If you want a Mead Speed rep tank order it now, I just got to the top of the list after 2 years.

Pity I'm doing something different now and will be giving back word......