Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: captaink on July 23, 2015, 06:40:52 PM

Title: Engine breather covers
Post by: captaink on July 23, 2015, 06:40:52 PM
Hi, are all the engine breather covers on the rocker boxes the same ?
I have one with a broken off fixing lug and need to replace it or repair it,
Easier to replace and cheap but not sure if all the same
Regards keith
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: Bryanj on July 24, 2015, 07:31:28 AM
Think so
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: archmill on July 24, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
Captaink, pretty sure I have a spare, you can have it if find it at the weekend.

Archmill
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: captaink on July 24, 2015, 05:04:12 PM
Thanks, I'm happy to pay you for it, and postage but not sure if there all the same
I'm in Kent but also nr Cirencester .
Keith
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: mick on July 24, 2015, 10:35:58 PM
I'm pretty sure they are all the same  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: archmill on July 30, 2015, 12:56:02 AM
captaink, found it. not in the best of nick, one lug has a crack and a gouge out of it.
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: captaink on July 30, 2015, 08:16:35 AM
Thanks, but the one I have has a piece out of it, it could be repaired but I'll get one from e bay, there's no rush but cheers anyway
Regards keith
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 30, 2015, 02:10:20 PM
I paid a fiver for one on eBay and I don't need it any more so you can have it for what I paid plus post at cost. no broken lugs it's at work though and I am off today so can't photo it. I will compare it with my K0 one  but pretty sure its from an F1 and they are the same apart from casting marks on the inside.

Cheers Ash
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: captaink on July 30, 2015, 04:45:18 PM
Hi ash, if you have it and it's lugs are ok I'll have it, just pm the costs and I'll send it to you
Regards Keith
Title: Re: Engine breather covers
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 31, 2015, 01:46:28 PM
Looks OK lug wise. It will need painting though cos it's bare alloy.

Let me know if it looks suitable.   Ash


[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]