Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: corromant on July 29, 2015, 12:34:05 PM
-
Found this, just wondering if anyone has bought from here & what's the quality like.
http://www.motorcycleseatsdirect.com/Honda-cb750k-series-cb500-550-four-rear-fender-mudguard/ (http://www.motorcycleseatsdirect.com/Honda-cb750k-series-cb500-550-four-rear-fender-mudguard/)
I would assume from this that the mudgaurd is the same for 500, 550 & 750 is this correct.
-
It looks like it's from 'Eric' in Vietnam. I got an unchromed but polished front 750 K0 'double-cut' blade from him and it turned out spot on after chroming in the UK. However, the rear one he did looked like poor chroming and spot welds etc. and its basically the same as the 500/550 4.
Ash
-
Rear mudguards come on many forms for the 500 there are two, the 550 also has a few and the 750 have many.
Guard on the right in the picture of the underside is a UK 500 and the left is 750K2. In the second picture you can see the mounting holes for the tail light bracket are higher on the 750K2.
-
How much are you going to pay? I have one in very good condition
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Well I just sold a nice '341' style one for 110GBP and paid 254GBP for a NOS UK one (both for CB750). Bl**dy expensive business this restoration lark (well for a tight Yorkshireman anyway ;D :-[)
I would stay clear of the one linked, as they don't look too nice close up, which is a pity because the actual parts look OK, it's the welding and chroming that's sh*te. He sells them undrilled 'cos I recommended it and he sells the 750K0 'double cut' front unchromed but polished and in pieces at my request.Decent Rechroming of a rear one in the UK is about 70 quid in my experience. Most used UK ones are usually fkd.
-
Noelia,
I'm only just over the boarder from Yorkshire & am also tight git, so as little as possible. Seriously I'm willing to pay a fair price, do you have any photo's of the guard you have please, PM me if you preffer.
Thanks for your input Ash, I see your not far from me just over the Humber bridge.