Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: El__burro on August 03, 2015, 12:52:11 AM
-
Good morning,
I am trying to take the bike out for the first ride, unfortunately I have a problem with the centre stand touching the chain.
What's at fault here, the chain or the stand?
How do I fix this?
Thanks
El__burro(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/02/f64ecd44704283d6646ca9887a3e1c03.jpg)(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/02/1a8d3af3bb88b894542dc4a7420779e8.jpg)
-
The exhaust system has a 'rubber bumper' on it: ie fit the exhaust & I think you'll be sorted.
Simon
-
If you have a 4 into 1 on the other side fabricate a stand stop and fit it to the footrest bolt, a piece of dexion shelving bracketry is ideal
-
Yes I had a bit of inch by eight flat bar with a rubber bump stop attached to stop the stand riding up into the chain.
Cheers
Dennis
-
Yes I have a 4-1 exhaust on the other side.
So the stand needs to clear.
I'll think of something.
Thanks
El__burro
-
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/01387b633b265ed57e34ab1f36d364d1.jpg)(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/ca285ade0b7dd1d2fda1a95d5b6550ac.jpg)
Done it!
Gone a different route and it works brilliantly.
The result is great as you can't see a thing or a bar.
Although the spot weld aren't that "good looking" they do the trick brilliantly
Regard
El__burro(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/a95cde73eaa5a5e65cf51cce04b6ab37.jpg)
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/f2d03ef21f95fe27e04521a1f648a765.jpg)
-
That's a good solution, although the rubber stop also prevents the centre stand retracting with a clang.
-
Looks quite a neat solution in theory but although I'm not a mechanical engineer I have concerns.
Your scheme means metal-to-metal contact over a very small area at a point not designed for this. Possibly at a single point if welds are not exactly the same height both sides.
Principle of leverage also means that the force of the return spring is magnified as the weld area is much closer to the stand pivot point than the spring.
Concern may be unfounded but I suspect that over time something may wear or fail, either the weld or the frame tube where contact is made.
Personally I wouldn't take the risk, I'd go for a bracket with a rubber stop as others have already suggested.
-
True, good point.
thanks
:-\el__burro