Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: captaink on August 24, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

Title: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: captaink on August 24, 2015, 05:58:35 PM
Hi, I'm considering what forks would be best suitable for my CR 750 Replica build
They need to look in character with the period and be suitable for twin disks
Any suggestions appreciated !
Title: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: JamesH on August 24, 2015, 07:43:36 PM
A lot of the US guys use early GL1000 forks....I have a few sets if interested...nice feature is the 38mm stanchions so a bit stiffer than std 35mm - and the triple stem is same design as the 750
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: JamesH on August 24, 2015, 07:44:29 PM
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/57306e1ff857a47e2e615483308c5dff.jpg)
This is Mikeb4's example...
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: philward on August 24, 2015, 10:46:08 PM
I really like that - James, you mentioned Gold Wing forks - do you use 750 yokes bored to 38mm or do the Gold Wing yokes go straight onto the 750 frame?
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: philward on August 24, 2015, 11:12:55 PM
And who makes those exhausts?
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: JamesH on August 25, 2015, 12:53:05 AM
Yeah std gl1000 triple tree. Those pipes are actually cut down cb750 k7/8 sankei pipes...
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: JamesH on August 25, 2015, 12:54:41 AM
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/44182da3c3900fbf1d8b12979f9288e0.jpg)

(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/8203ceac5d5e3b481c76432bc92eb29d.jpg)

(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/ecd774b61006a6d2efecc342c4d941fa.jpg)

(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/f1c8a9989397640593bf46d9e7a8619d.jpg)
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: captaink on August 25, 2015, 08:21:54 AM
Thanks James, the gl forks have the calipers rearward facing and the originals were front facing.
Small thing I know but this is the reason I asked.
The gl forks... Do they need new trees or do the fit straight on the cb headstock ?
I saw a conversion fork stem that adapts to the cb ... What's the set up ?

On my other CR I have marzochi forks with front facing calipers
Title: Re: CR 750 FORKS
Post by: JamesH on August 25, 2015, 09:28:34 AM
Probably best to try and source / replicate what you have if you need the front facing calipers. Or source a std Uk twin disc 750 setup. Gl1000 triples are a straight fit on the 750 headstock - would suggest new bearings.