Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: cider.monsterpfc on September 07, 2015, 04:48:38 PM
-
...Mid life crisis :)
Oi oi savaloys!
Looking to do my second restoration project (first was a simple RD200 in the '80s [sic.]).
Toying with a barn find '74 500/4 but at a grand??
Looks complete but not been run for years (could be decades) am I insane?
Any show stoppers I should be aware of?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC and people having a mid life crisis ;D Show stoppers on the CB500 four is the exhausts, clocks and tank trim. All over parts can be found worldwide or re-conditioned.
-
Thanks Trigger, this one's got the 4/1 conversion exhaust.
I'm really thinking about restoration so would prefer 4/4 ( I'd look daft on a Café!!!)
But they do look difficult to find / expensive!!
I don't mind paying a fair price but don't have an unlimited budget - is £1,000 steep?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Have you got any pictures you can post, bit hard to say a value without. 1K doesn't sound a lot for a 500/4 be suspicious.
-
Welcome. I hope you have fun on the forum.
As a guide to restoration costs, this one cost not far off 7k to restore. The £££££££'s very quickly mount up :o :o :o :o :o :o
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161793608836?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Regards
Julie
-
Nice bike!!
It does come with a tatty seat and rusty rear guard
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Pic(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/07/6f04593ab6f8f11eb9474b1cc8e45fac.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Most expensive part--Exhaust---if you can find a set
Next paint work+trim
Engines are fairly bulletproof but do have a couple of quirks if abused or not serviced. I have parts book and workshop book on CD if you are interested
-
@Bryanj - yes please. Can you email cider_monster AT live DOT co DOT uk to discuss
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Your email don't work mate, mail me at blj@blj.org.uk and i will resend
-
Sent.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk