Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Interchangeability => Topic started by: Bullit on September 09, 2015, 08:04:28 PM

Title: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Bullit on September 09, 2015, 08:04:28 PM
My tank has a rotten bottom and was wondering if any others fit or where to source one new/used?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: hairygit on September 09, 2015, 08:10:08 PM
D.K. Spares spring to mind for used replacements, a few of the guys on here have bought parts, some even complete bikes from them. The general concensus on here is that they are okay to deal with.
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Tiny Tim on September 09, 2015, 09:26:19 PM
I had a similar problem with my 350's tank. D.K. Didn't have one when I was looking 3-4mths ago. Managed to find a decent one in Italy for a good price.
Check on Germany, French and Italian eBay if you have no luck in the UK
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Bullit on September 10, 2015, 02:01:38 PM
I'll try DK first as I need to ask them about a front caliper as well.
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Bullit on September 10, 2015, 09:55:06 PM
Iv just seen on another thread that I completely missed before starting this one that a 350 tank will fit a 400. So assuming that it works the other way what years of the 400 will fit my 350??
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: royhall on September 11, 2015, 09:13:01 AM
As the 400 was developed from the 350 you will find that a huge number of 400 parts will be a direct fit, others are just slightly changed. But if your building a special it wont matter.

For part numbers I bought both the 350 & 400 parts lists to compare numbers (Ashimoto will probably have PDF's of these on his list).

The front part of the frame where the tank locates is identical on both bikes (I am open to correction on that) so I would assume that any 400 tank will fit okay.

Personally I prefer the shape of the 350 tank for cafe's etc as the 400 can look a bit slabby (although there's been a black one on here this week that looks superb). Just a personal thing.

Let us know how you go on.
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 11, 2015, 10:20:35 AM
Manuals here : http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,8884.0.html

Think there is only the 400 parts manual though. But you can look here:

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350f-four-general-export_model14632/partslist/

Seat fit looks dodgy .


[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Orcade-Ian on September 11, 2015, 03:26:28 PM
350/4 and 400/4 Tanks are definitely interchangeable (I've done it) as are side panels, top brackets identical but the lower fixings need swapping.
Ian

Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Bullit on September 11, 2015, 08:44:37 PM
Splendid. Thanks chaps👍
That's makes it a little easier to find a decent one if mine can't be repaired.
Title: Re: Tank for a 350/4
Post by: Bodd on September 30, 2015, 11:18:42 PM
I used a Kawasaki Z 550 LTD tank for my 400 cafe, I had to do a bit of tunnel beating/stretching to fit over the coils but nothing major, the overall dimensions (length/width) are almost identical.

Edit:- Forgot to mention I also had to move the fuel tap location.