Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: RGP750 on September 13, 2015, 06:35:58 PM

Title: Fork ring question
Post by: RGP750 on September 13, 2015, 06:35:58 PM
Hi Guys
New fork tubes, assembling components that came off of old tubes, i know i should have taken a photo,
but it's on the parts list but what does it do??
I hope the photo is self explanatory.
Cheers Rich
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: Trigger on September 13, 2015, 10:18:27 PM
Still scratching my head on this one. PM Lobo and see if he remembers from when he did his K2 forks, it is the same units.
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 13, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
Pete will know as he did his K0 ones last year I think
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: RGP750 on September 14, 2015, 06:33:12 AM
Seems weird to me.
I'll call Pete tonight.
cheers guys
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 14, 2015, 07:42:35 AM
If Pete doesn't know I will ask ChrisR for you he's bound to know

Pete asked a 'forking ;D ' question here about the damper

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1241.0

Cheers  Ash
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 14, 2015, 08:16:07 AM
See this Rich it's taken from page 1075  ;)  of the Mega download 750 manual in my Dropbox sticky that SteveD created

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anpzqn2r55f1o9k/CB750%20Mega%20Parts%20Service%20and%20More.pdf?dl=0

Also this on the top seal snap ring:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,31340.msg322712.html#msg322712


[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: UK Pete on September 14, 2015, 07:04:21 PM
Hi rich, here is some info for you  , thats all i have, i dont recall this  9 12 part http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1241.0
pete
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: RGP750 on September 14, 2015, 07:35:59 PM
Thanks Pete
I think i will do away with it.
Everything else looks the same, just seems odd i have it
and it is on the parts list but can't see what the hell it does.
Cheers Guys Rich
Title: Re: Fork ring question
Post by: Trigger on September 19, 2015, 07:16:57 PM
After looking into my crystal ball today, can you tell me if you have 3 or 4 grooves in the forks? As the mist cleared, I see that 4 rings don't fit into 3 grooves, doesn't matter how many thous you use  ;)