Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 10:32:57 AM

Title: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 10:32:57 AM
The build is never over, but I am getting close, pin holes in the alloy petrol tank now welded, rear sets in the right place, really need to find a period set, dunstall or similar if anybody can help please, bell mouths have been ordered from America, 30 miles on the clock since full big bore rebuild, rides very solid and yes those rear sets are in the pillion passenger peg holes!

Great getting it back on the road, worth all the blood, sweat and tears.
Nigel
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: yozzer74 on September 16, 2015, 12:13:22 PM
Looks good did it go through mot ok with the black plate on
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 01:14:44 PM
Thanks Yozzer
I put plate on after the mot, how's your build going?

Nigel
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: UK Pete on September 16, 2015, 07:51:38 PM
very nice nigel
pete
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 08:17:05 PM
Hi Pete
Just read your restoration topic, it looks brilliant, we will have to go for a spin when its complete...
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: Tiny Tim on September 16, 2015, 08:29:31 PM
Nice looking bike
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 08:43:28 PM
Thanks Tim
Can't wait for the rain to stop and get some miles in
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: yozzer74 on September 16, 2015, 09:16:34 PM
It's coming on still buy parts for it
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 09:20:07 PM
It's looking very shiny mate, I see your petrol tank on ebay, change of mind?
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: MarkCR750 on September 16, 2015, 09:36:05 PM
Great looking machine, just one thing I'd remove the crash bar but that's just me.
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: yozzer74 on September 16, 2015, 10:02:47 PM
Yeah if it sells I'm going to go for a different shape but if not it will be staying .
Title: Re: CB750 F1 Cafe nearly finished
Post by: NigelWilmshurst on September 16, 2015, 10:41:26 PM
Crash bars save engine casings! I have chucked this bike down the road a few times in the past, now I'm a bit older I shall try my best to resist taking it to the edge... I don't think I will bounce like I used to