Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Noelia on September 22, 2015, 09:45:15 PM

Title: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Noelia on September 22, 2015, 09:45:15 PM
Hi all,

I need to replace the swing arm bushings in my cb500 four

Since I'm changing them I would like to put something is going to last.

Any recommendations? I read the original ones are very bad quality? Are the bronze better?

Thanks!!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Bryanj on September 23, 2015, 09:54:28 AM
Its not bushes that are poor quality its owners that do not grease them often enough!!
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Noelia on September 23, 2015, 10:54:31 AM
I see!! I may be one of those shall I buy the bronze ones? I've read they are easier to install also

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/mc-how/rear-swingarm-bushings-1973-honda-cb500.aspx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Bryanj on September 23, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
Installation is no problem, is getting the old ones out that is!! Also you will find that no matter which you fit a new pivot pin will be needed as the pin wears more than the bushes---sit down when you look up the price tho'
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: JamesH on September 23, 2015, 06:17:21 PM
Bryan - do you pre-soak Phosphor Bronze bushes in just general engine oil (10w/40) prior to installation?
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 23, 2015, 07:12:13 PM
Installation is no problem, is getting the old ones out that is!! Also you will find that no matter which you fit a new pivot pin will be needed as the pin wears more than the bushes---sit down when you look up the price tho'

Is the pin hardened Bryan, as I got mine reground to suit slighly smaller ID bushes. The guy in Poland will machine undersize bushes, well he does for the 250/350K.

James ... I think you only oil  soak sintered material not solid phosphor bronze... unless the ones you buy are sintered of course.
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Noelia on September 23, 2015, 07:43:32 PM

Installation is no problem, is getting the old ones out that is!! Also you will find that no matter which you fit a new pivot pin will be needed as the pin wears more than the bushes---sit down when you look up the price tho'

Hi bryanj

How does the pivot pin looks like?

Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 23, 2015, 07:54:30 PM
Its item 8 ... Bryan's probably working his nuts off on nights!

[attachimg=1]


[attachimg=2]
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Bryanj on September 24, 2015, 06:19:58 AM
Thats the one
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Trigger on September 24, 2015, 03:44:44 PM
These are very good quality and not at rip off prices >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB-500-550-750-900-Four-Schwingenlager-Bronzebuchsen-Swingarm-Bushings-/360953538938
Title: Re: Swingarm bushings
Post by: Noelia on September 27, 2015, 05:41:08 PM
What I really needed is number 4! All sorted now :)

Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk