Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 02, 2015, 05:21:32 PM
-
Can't open the filler cap...
Ideas?
[attachimg=1]
-
Easiest would be to VERY carefully drill or file the end of the pin off and drift/pull it out. Then hope James H or Ash have a source of spares or knowledge of what to replace it with.
Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
-
to open the cap push the cap down and at the same time use a large scewdrider to push on the catch where its broken.
To remove rivet use a largish drill to remove the rolled over end of the rivet and it will push out.
You can fit the later type locking catch which uses any key(or screwdriver) to open or i believe Yamiya, and others, are remanufacturing the old style catch but it is pricey
-
At the moment I can't open the filler cap. That pretty much limits how far I can go until I fix it!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Steve, easiest fix is to drill out the mushroomed head of the rivet that's on the cap and withdraw. That will
Give you access to the latch so you can effect a repair. DSS do a pattern latch / rivet set.
-
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB500K0-FOUR-1971-USA/part_218681/
-
I had same problem, on mine I was able to knock the pin of the catch through using a parellel pin punch, then insert a replacement catch using the same spring and pin.