Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: RGP750 on October 04, 2015, 07:16:06 AM
-
Hi Guys
Assembled my forks yesterday and came to the seals and seem to have another problem.
The seals i have bought marked 69/70 k0 are 48mm diameter ,this seems common through the range
problem is my slider recess is 46mm .
I cant seem to find any fork seals that od with an id of 35.
Anyone know any suppliers?
cheers Rich
-
How about Yamiya Rich?
http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_144_77&products_id=223
I got some Genuine seals from a guy in Hull ages ago because he said they didn't fit his K2. I won't be using them for a while so I can get some from Yamiya and have included in my shipment if you wish and send you mine.
Cheers ..Ash
-
How about Yamiya Rich?
http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_144_77&products_id=223
I got some Genuine seals from a guy in Hull ages ago because he said they didn't fit his K2. I won't be using them for a while so I can get some from Yamiya and have included in my shipment if you wish and send you mine.
Cheers ..Ash
Hmm those Yamiya ones are 48Rich
These are correct tho' http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_144_77&products_id=222
http://www.cmsnl.com/products/oil-seal-354611_91255292003/#.VhDMRuxViko
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/by-part-number/partnumber_91255292003/
Seems it superceded to a CB450 part.
-
;) the trick is to do away with the washers under the circlips and use the thicker fork oil seals
the k0 forks are prone too leaking they are too thin, so honda done away with the washers and sold thicker oil seals
thats why they beefed up the stanctions when the k1 was introduced.clever buggers them nips :)
-
Hi Ash
Thanks for that ,i will ask Silvers if they are 46mm just in case.
Thank's for the offer of yours.
Your parcel is ready when you like.
Steff it's the diameter that is the problem they are 11mm to do away with the spacer.
but 48mm Dia.
Cheers Rich
-
Rich i am sure i bought mine from silvers, and they fitted
pete
-
Thanks Pete i'll give them a call today.
Rich
-
Thanks Pete i'll give them a call today.
Rich
Think the guy I bought them off got them from DS too Rich.
-
[attachimg=1]
-
Thanks Ash