Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on October 04, 2015, 09:11:06 PM
-
I have obviously been unconscious for many years, what year is it now? 2035?, I remember these selling for thousands less in 2015, that's the last time I remember looking at CB750 prices before whatever happened, erm, happened.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Classic-Vintage-Low-Number-Staggering-Condition/131617382743?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Da1d30d370c634fec9317c87190d62fce%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D131568252385
-
It's Frank who lives in the 'Dream' world. ;D
-
Yes but according to the text "we have sold 2 at similar money in the last year so be quick" everyone get their
wallets out.
-
Look at the price of early eTypes, 911's etc...Frank is doing those of us with early bikes a favour....
-
It's Frank who lives in the 'Dream' world. ;D
I do not think Frank lives in a dream world, and if he does then I must do as well. Last year sold a 750K0 for £17K, CB550F for £7.5K and this year a 500K0 for £9.2K ;)
-
It's Frank who lives in the 'Dream' world. ;D
I do not think Frank lives in a dream world, and if he does then I must do as well. Last year sold a 750K0 for £17K, CB550F for £7.5K and this year a 500K0 for £9.2K ;)
Early last year when DS was looking for a sandcast for his Museum he asked me if I knew of any for sale so I put the feelers out on the Sandcastonly forum and got quite a few offers back (PM's). One was for a post 2k Vin but it had tons of NOS parts on it and was absolutely immaculate . He wanted 17k GBP before negotiation (I told a guy in the UK about it and he subsequently bought it and imported it). Here was the sellers description verbatim, which was borne out by the photos he sent me. (As you probably know DS then picked up the Mecum Auction Sandcast 3k miler for just over 9K GBP)
It's all original parts, either nos or restored, no repro parts, the only exception is the Yamiya "no.no" exhaust. With exception to unpainted crank cases, cylinder and head and polished engine covers, it's finish is as good as any. And, it is all correct parts. It has the #28 carbs, i can't remember what else, but i have all the receipts and provenance since I bought the bike to restore 2002. Tach is nos, not restored, speedo is like new with 1000 miles on it when i bought the gauge, seat is nos. the upper end is all new, the lower end was good, the bike only had 7,000 miles on the odometer, so it made no sense to dismantle a good lower end. Needless to say, i have a significant sum in the bike. I've got to get out of it what i have in it, plus a little extra for my work.
I was also offered a Vic World remanufactured bike for about 23k that had not done any miles since the buyer got it off Vic.
Frank had my mates HD Destroyer advertised for a million quid ...it actually went for 10k. That's the only example of a 'Frank' sale that I know of where 'real' money was exchanged, no part ex horse trading etc. It didn't even have a battery in it when he travelled miles to see it and had not been started for yonks and wouldn't run .. Got his offer accepted after he walked away and was already on the North Circular off back up North !
http://www.motorcyclesunlimited.co.uk/2006-harley-davidson-vrxse-v-rod-dragbike/
-
Look at the price of early eTypes, 911's etc...
I just reinsured my 911, at an agreed value of over twice what I paid for it in 2013 - like the classic bike market these prices are fuelled by almost non existant ISA interest rates, no CGT on profits and dealers who ask seemingly mad prices and get them, much to everyone's suprise.
£52,989 seems a bit mental for a bike, (as well as a bit arbitary) even for a sandcast which is defintely the 'blue chip' investment. However I was at the Goodwood revival a few weeks ago, the prices and values of classic cars there were eyewatering.
Like with my car, some of us need to keep tabs on the agreed value we would get if our CB750 went 'walkabout'.
Driven by the same factors, ie money for investment looking for a safe home, sales of old and rare whisky are at a record high this year. Auction house Bonhams is holding a whisky sale in Scotland to tap into demand and a bottle of 50 year Glenfiddich will go under the hammer on Wednesday for an expected £15,000.
There is a downside to investing in Scotch - imagine waking up with a sore head and slowly realising you have drunk your investment portfolio after returning from a good night out to find there was no other booze in the house.... :(
-
It's Frank who lives in the 'Dream' world. ;D
I do not think Frank lives in a dream world, and if he does then I must do as well. Last year sold a 750K0 for £17K, CB550F for £7.5K and this year a 500K0 for £9.2K ;)
I rest my case m'lud Ok didn't meet reserve but still makes a mockery of Franks and I was definitely offered a V.W. bike for similar money, firm , zero miles last year
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-/291556540957?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43e21fc21d&item=291556540957
-
I have obviously been unconscious for many years, what year is it now? 2035?, I remember these selling for thousands less in 2015, that's the last time I remember looking at CB750 prices before whatever happened, erm, happened.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-Classic-Vintage-Low-Number-Staggering-Condition/131617382743?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Da1d30d370c634fec9317c87190d62fce%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D131568252385
I cant understand anyone who would pay this kind of money for an Old bike, same goes with classic cars, I think its a case of those with far too much money who have got just about everything else & they just want something that most others cant afford & to show off to their mates "look what I have got now ",OK some say they are investing in something worth having ,but investments can go Down as well as up .
For me I much prefer the enjoyment of just owning bikes I Love Riding, looking at, & cleaning etc. without paying silly money for them, the investment factor is immaterial for me, & I say all this because if I wanted a bike at 53K [without boasting] I could buy one or more.
But at the end of the day, I guess each to his/her own.. :o.. 8)
have a look at this, another ball game on a entirely different level > http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-2014-pebble-beach-mcqueen-ferrari-sold-20140812-story.html