Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Recommended Sources for Parts and Services => Topic started by: MrDavo on October 05, 2015, 04:53:47 PM

Title: No 8 bolts, K1 battery sidepanel in candy blue green
Post by: MrDavo on October 05, 2015, 04:53:47 PM
All the bolts ansd screws on my bike are new or replated, but at the risk of sounding sad and OCD, many are wrong, ie not original.

Ive replaced all the allen screws with JIS crossheads, but many bolts which should be 'number 8' flange bolts aren't - there's a bolt and washer with modern mumbo jumbo on the head. I want proper 'no 8' bolts, damnit!

When I get to shows and autojumbles I will be rooting around in boxes for these, but eBay only has job lots the same size, as far as I can see. Anyone point me at a good source? I particularly need 6mm x 12 for the airbox, 3 shorter 6mm bolts for the oil tank, and 8mm x 28 for the brake pedal. Then there's the big ones for the rear indicator / frame bracket.

I also need a K1 battery sidepanel in candy blue green (code AZ) - I have a replica that someone is consistently failing to paint for me, if I can bag a factory finish one that would be a result. I have a genuine K0 airbox AND a K0 battery side panel in the same colour to swap.
Title: Re: No 8 bolts, K1 battery sidepanel in candy blue green
Post by: JamesH on October 05, 2015, 05:07:10 PM
You should be able to get all the bits you need from Yamiya in Japan (www.yamiya750.com).
Title: Re: No 8 bolts, K1 battery sidepanel in candy blue green
Post by: MrDavo on October 05, 2015, 05:17:41 PM
I had a look at them, thanks, they have the correct 6x12 bolts. also they have a pair of painted sidepanels - I thought they only did full body sets.

If I can get the right money for the K0 stuff, that would fund a new pair of painted panels (about £137, don't know what the postage is). What the colour match to my original tank paint is like is anybody's guess, but has to be better than me with a rattle can, or my mate continuing to make zero progress painting my replica panel.