Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: mickharrow on October 06, 2015, 10:12:35 AM

Title: a long shot
Post by: mickharrow on October 06, 2015, 10:12:35 AM
for the last 3 years i have been building a cb750 special to use for sprinting over the 1/4 mile and abiout 3 months ago got it finished and running.i have now been told that the acu will no longer allow me a race license due to my poor health so i am buggered.if anyone is looking for a project this would still make a good track bike or a road legal cafe racer but is not for the purist who wants everything genuine as per original.the frame has been strenghtened and had the top frame removal conversion,the engine has had a total rebuild including wisco pistons and is now 840cc complete frame wheels etc powder coated black,rask rearsets plus loads of spares.
if this is of interest to anyone then please feel free to have a look otherwise i will convert to cafe racer next year and enjoy on the roads just feeling a bit down at the moment to have my sporting career which has been ongoing for many years stopped in this way.
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: Trigger on October 06, 2015, 10:47:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Mick. Were are you located in the UK and do you have any pictures of the bike ?
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: mickharrow on October 06, 2015, 11:10:21 AM
I am in Ringwood just of the a31 afraid I have no photos at the moment but if you are down this way and it's of interest please call and have a look.
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: mickharrow on October 06, 2015, 01:21:05 PM
These are a few photos of the bike at the moment but I have the original tank fitted with a monza cap for it.
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: MrDavo on October 06, 2015, 02:03:07 PM
Clever how you bolted it to the garage ceiling like that!
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: mickharrow on October 06, 2015, 04:15:32 PM
I will try again with photos[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: keithK2 on October 07, 2015, 07:52:56 PM
Hi Mick,
I am in Poole and would like a look at your special. Let me know when I could have a look. Thanks
Keith
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: Bodd on October 07, 2015, 09:19:59 PM
[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: a long shot
Post by: mickharrow on October 08, 2015, 11:46:05 AM
Keith k2 I have sent you a pm