Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Clarkey007 on October 15, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

Title: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 15, 2015, 07:10:45 PM
Hello all,

Just joined the group and wanted to apologise for the stupid questions and potential insults before I made them!

Bought a 75 400/4 about 7 years ago and after riding it for about 3 miles proceeded to take it apart. Time was short and now have got around to sending bits off for paint and starting the work on the engine. Hope to get some advise here, will look for the answers before bothering you all....

Been into bikes since being a kid and have ridden most things, motocross, short circuits, IBA rallies, blah blah.....

Look forward to your knowledge and if I can help anyone else I will,

Cheers
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: RGP750 on October 15, 2015, 07:21:19 PM
Welcome to the forum
Plenty of help oh here, don't be afraid to ask.
Plenty of willing help or put you in the right direction.
Rich
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: MCTID on October 15, 2015, 07:22:00 PM
When I worked for London Underground Projects.....we always said that 'no question is stupid' in our Team Meetings.........and that seems to be the stance here on this Forum. If you don't ask....you don't find out!

There is an abundance of very clever, experienced and helpful members on this Forum and I'm sure that you will enjoy the wit and wisdom in the coming years, so welcome and good luck to you.

Piccies of your bike/ parts/ rebuild are most welcome......
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: mike the bike on October 15, 2015, 08:06:27 PM
Welcome to the forum froma fellow 400four owner, rider and fettler.  I agree with what he said;  there's no stupid questions - only stupid answers
We like to see pictures and progress reports from time to time.   It's like getting a bike mag without the adverts and it keeps us entertained
Mike
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 15, 2015, 08:17:48 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the warm welcome. I wil sort some pics!!
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Nurse Julie on October 15, 2015, 09:05:52 PM
Welcome from me too, I hope you find the answers to all your queries and have fun.

Julie
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 16, 2015, 10:11:08 AM
This is the only photo I have of the bike when it was built before the work started, note the high bars that are being replaced with standard.
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Norniron on October 16, 2015, 08:46:44 PM
Have you got a set of standard bars?
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 16, 2015, 09:08:36 PM
Just had a set delivered from eBay.......

Are you going to tell me you had a set??


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Norniron on October 17, 2015, 08:47:50 AM
Yep and im working in bangor on monday!
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: philward on October 17, 2015, 09:24:28 AM
Hi from me too clarky - great people on here and we've all done the stupid question thing so just ask away
Phil
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Trigger on October 17, 2015, 09:49:56 AM
Welcome to the Mad world of the SOHC, a few crazy members in N.I.
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 17, 2015, 12:29:00 PM
Cheers guys, Norniron that would have been great! I think you may become a good friend!! You will have good contacts locally and can keep me right!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Norniron on October 17, 2015, 07:59:41 PM
Cheers guys, Norniron that would have been great! I think you may become a good friend!! You will have good contacts locally and can keep me right!!
Hi clark you will find all the best bits and bargains on the mainland.
Theres not much around NI for sohc hondas.Everybody seems to have gixxers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: NI New boy
Post by: Clarkey007 on October 18, 2015, 10:38:52 AM
That's what I've been finding....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk