Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: yozzer74 on October 22, 2015, 09:35:09 PM

Title: Battery size
Post by: yozzer74 on October 22, 2015, 09:35:09 PM
Hi does anyone no what the minimum size battery. power wise I can get away with on f2 750 .I need to get the smallest battery I can find .to fit under seat .but don't really want to spend the sort of money lithium ones cost .and what cold cranking amps I can get away with .
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: yozzer74 on October 22, 2015, 10:21:46 PM
Would either of these be ok [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Bryanj on October 23, 2015, 07:58:18 AM
If you want to use the electric start reliably you need the same Ah and CCA as the original
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: steff750 on October 23, 2015, 09:13:24 PM
 ;) off the top of my head you need at least 14 amps? 8.6 seems low too me i dont trust mottobatt batteries anyways
so its your call

Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: mike the bike on October 23, 2015, 09:34:28 PM
How many Amp hours does a CB750 battery normally have?  400fours use a 12Ah batt.
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 23, 2015, 10:34:30 PM
How many Amp hours does a CB750 battery normally have?  400fours use a 12Ah batt.

Think it's 14 AH .......... Yuasa  'Yumicron'  is 190A cold cranking current.

Ash
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: yozzer74 on October 24, 2015, 06:01:12 PM
Think I will have to go with this one then [attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Greebo on October 25, 2015, 02:38:19 PM
I have got the same Motobatt Gel maintenance free on my CB750, fantastic starting & fits in the box perfectly, From Dave Silver Honda spares, its a direct replacement for the original but with more cranking power output...Recommended ;D
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: yozzer74 on October 25, 2015, 06:46:54 PM
It's got to go under my seat hump so do you no if you can mount them on there side
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: yozzer74 on October 25, 2015, 06:50:16 PM
Nice looking bike by the way greebo have you ever been pulled with black plate on bike
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: mike the bike on October 26, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
 Need a new battery for the Katana.  What's the pro's and cons of a gel battery?   It's s the same Ah, same  CCA so why should I pay the extra?
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Trigger on October 26, 2015, 08:17:20 AM
I will only use a gel or sealed battery because, I don't want a battery to boil acid over the nice chrome on the exhaust.
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Greebo on October 26, 2015, 10:49:10 AM
Nice looking bike by the way greebo have you ever been pulled with black plate on bike

Hi Yozzer,

Yes the battery will go on its side its sealed gel.... I would try to put some sort of padding under it tho' to stop it moving/rattling about...on my bike it goes in the original batt' box

No not had a pull on the black plate to date, its gone to bed now till next spring, I have got the same plate on my Triumph Thruxton & RE 535 GT. The type of plates I use is the "Flexi plate" very thin & light & unbreakable cost £6.00 a piece

What i do is put the same size yellow plate underneath the black one & if the old bill pulls you make an excuse that you have just been showing the bike & forgot to take it off, then wip the black one off in front of him, that way you should just get a warning... 8) 
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Bryanj on October 27, 2015, 09:42:20 AM
Till the same plod stops you again!
Title: Re: Battery size
Post by: Greebo on October 27, 2015, 12:01:18 PM
Till the same plod stops you again!

Highly unlikely but if he does, tell him you have been to another show & use your age as an excuse for the memory laps   ::).. 8)