Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on November 03, 2015, 11:16:09 PM

Title: 750K2 Steering Lock removal
Post by: philward on November 03, 2015, 11:16:09 PM
Hi guys
Have just bought a bottom yoke for the café racer project and it has a good steering lock but with no key. How do you get the barrel out? Do I need the key to remove barrel? I've taken cover off easy enough but thought the barrel would slide out.
Any help appreciated
Phil
Title: Re: 750K2 Steering Lock removal
Post by: Trigger on November 04, 2015, 06:53:03 AM
These are a bit of a pig Phil. Can you make out the key number on the face of the barrel ? if you can make out the number, you can get a key cut. If you have other OEM keys, squirt WD in the key hole and try a OEM key and wiggle it about to see if you can get it to turn. Last result is what Oddjob has posted.
Title: Re: 750K2 Steering Lock removal
Post by: Bullit on November 04, 2015, 07:39:57 AM
I got the key number off the front of the barrel and ordered a key off of eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281030401159
Title: Re: 750K2 Steering Lock removal
Post by: philward on November 04, 2015, 09:11:37 AM
Thanks lads - the numbers clear so I'll get a key (its a from a yank import and lock/cover is like new so worth saving)
Phil