Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: beemsquar on November 19, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

Title: Gudgeon pin circlip orientation
Post by: beemsquar on November 19, 2015, 06:38:16 PM
Hi all

Just a quick question, I'm about to instal my pistons after buttoning up the crankcases last night and wanted to know the correct orientation of the gudgeon pin circlip.

The Haynes manual says it must overlap the screwdriver slot completely, which I read as meaning it should be installed in a U shape orientation like how I have it in the picture below.


[attach=1]


But my confusion comes from the fact the Haynes manual photo below shows them the other way up, plus when I removed the originals  they were that way up.

Can anyone confirm the correct orientation please.

Thank you.
Title: Re: Gudgeon pin circlip orientation
Post by: beemsquar on November 20, 2015, 07:12:02 AM
Cheers oddjob,

That makes sense and was the same logic I was going on, but thought it better to check than regret.

I will put them in as you describe.

Cheers!