Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MarkCR750 on November 28, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Title: Not a SOHC question!
Post by: MarkCR750 on November 28, 2015, 08:20:10 PM
Not a Honda question but I'm looking for a bit of advice, I have fitted second hand hi level exhausts to my T250 but one of the exit pipes is slightly bent so I can't get the baffle in cos it won't line up with the support plates further inside the silencer, I've got a butane blow torch, do you think that will get the pipe hot enough for me to be able to bend it straight with an extension bar ?, the exit pipe is quite thin gauge steel approx 50mm O/D.
Title: Re: Not a SOHC question!
Post by: MarkCR750 on November 28, 2015, 08:55:12 PM
Here's a photo, it's the exit pipe that I need to bend.
Title: Re: Not a SOHC question!
Post by: royhall on November 29, 2015, 10:05:18 AM
Last time I did something like that it took a torch on both sides to keep it hot enough. Enlist the help of a friend to hold both torches whilst you bend it. Should work okay.

Now you've put up a taster you're going to have to post some photos to show the rest of the bike. Good luck.

Title: Re: Not a SOHC question!
Post by: MarkCR750 on November 29, 2015, 07:38:25 PM
Thanks Roy, I used 1 torch but your right it needed 2 really, I got the bent area to orange and then used a 4 foot extension bar, after a few attempts it went, anyway success!, here's a photo.
Title: Re: Not a SOHC question!
Post by: royhall on November 30, 2015, 06:31:02 AM
Nice one on the exhaust. That's going to be a cracking little bike.