Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Moorey on December 06, 2015, 06:26:00 PM

Title: One step forward
Post by: Moorey on December 06, 2015, 06:26:00 PM
As posted a few weeks ago I recently acquired a 76 cb750f supersport. I have just fit new coils. caps, plugs, points, condensers, stripped the carbs and ultrasonic cleaned. Rebuilt and run on a fuel bottle, now seems to run sweet just needs a chance to get it on the road to test. So today I thought I would clean out the tank as there was a bit of crap and rust in it. Put a few nuts and bolts in it and gave it a good shake. Drained it and flushed it out with clean fuel. Put it back on the bike and filled with fuel only to find out it now has a pin prick hole in it. So the tank is back off and drained the hole cleaned up and I will solder it up  sometime shortly.
Question   When it is soldered  should I use something like POR15 tank sealer or wait and see if anymore holes develop.

Cheers Chris.
Title: Re: One step forward
Post by: mike the bike on December 06, 2015, 06:58:17 PM
You're always going to have more holes appearing because the bottom of the tank is as thin as foil,  the other problem is the rust that will block the fuel filter.  I suggest soldering as many holes as you can then seal the tank.
Title: Re: One step forward
Post by: Moorey on December 07, 2015, 04:25:47 PM
Soldered the tank this morning and took the bike for a run 50mls it now runs great at any speed throughout the rev range, smooth as silk, well happy. ;D ;D ;D