Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: onethumb on December 06, 2015, 08:17:11 PM

Title: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: onethumb on December 06, 2015, 08:17:11 PM
Ok so I've picked it up and she's a bit of a mess, all brakes are seized the carbs are leaking fuel out where the air comes in (think the float is stuck) but I already understand the attraction. Although the battery electric container is a confusing mess.
 I've started the strip down as I'm going to redo the frame as it quite pitted, but I was wondering weather any of you had replaced the rear sets by removing the massive brackets and using aftermarket rear sets. I looked at UK Pete fantastic café racer and will go that way if I cant sus it out.
also the controls have had it so I'm going to update those too, so anyone got any ideas or tips they can share?

Thanks, steve.
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: yozzer74 on December 07, 2015, 08:17:54 AM
Look on my build thread I've just had my rear sets done on f2
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on December 07, 2015, 08:46:20 AM
Do a search for member Yoshi823 - he did loads to his.

Tim
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: onethumb on December 07, 2015, 12:55:02 PM
Look on my build thread I've just had my rear sets done on f2

Bloody hell that looks fantastic, what were those rearsets off?
I'm thinking of using VFR 750 switch controls and have ordered a cbr 600 front brake lever and cylinder, anyone used these or should I try something else?
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on December 07, 2015, 01:12:36 PM
Don't recon he is active on the site now but try personal email through his profile. Definitely the man with an anorak re F2 750 mods! Descent bloke!
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: yozzer74 on December 07, 2015, 05:39:59 PM
I had them made
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: Norniron on December 07, 2015, 06:56:44 PM
http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/rearsets-66-c.asp
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: yozzer74 on December 07, 2015, 07:22:13 PM
Search k&s controls on  Google .there what I've bought seam good quality .I also got a master cylinder from dime city .
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: onethumb on December 07, 2015, 09:25:35 PM
Thanks dude, your build looks the biz.
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: haynes66 on December 09, 2015, 05:02:31 PM
any footpegs etc youre not using, let me know. any f2 bits gratefully accepted!
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: onethumb on December 09, 2015, 05:39:04 PM
Hi Haynes66 consider the rear ones yours already, not sure how I'm going to do the front yet, but if I don't use the originals you are welcome to them as long as you can collect.
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: haynes66 on December 09, 2015, 06:11:38 PM
top man, any excuse for a ride out!
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: Greebo on December 14, 2015, 03:23:59 PM
http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk/rearsets-66-c.asp

I also got mine from discovolantemoto
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: yozzer74 on December 14, 2015, 06:04:47 PM
Greebo who made your seat & tank
Title: Re: rear sets and controls sohc CB750 f2
Post by: onethumb on December 14, 2015, 07:50:45 PM
greebo  that is at another level, nice job.