Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: El__burro on January 08, 2016, 06:04:11 PM

Title: Front fork assembly
Post by: El__burro on January 08, 2016, 06:04:11 PM
Good year,
I have replaced the seal on both forks but I am in need of help.
I have followed a very easy process reassembly the inverse way as I disassembled it all.
My issue is the part in the picture number 14, its quite a thick ring between the seal and the circlip.(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/c882bfb45d08effa439625df3689e588.jpg)
I have been trying to ensure that the circlip locks in its position but i am struggling, i have "punched it down" but not all the way; before I make a mess I thought I could ask for help.

please help!
El__burro
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: Bryanj on January 08, 2016, 06:38:14 PM
Check the thickness of the new seals against the old as i think the later ones use modified thicker ones with no washer
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: Green1 on January 08, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
I used the thicker seals in my bike just discard the washer

Mick
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: El__burro on January 08, 2016, 09:13:23 PM
(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/87513bc7d9e17e897db87c4d0331d5e5.jpg) Actually the new seals are thinner than the old ones.
I guess removing the 14 will not cure the problem.
thanks
see images attached.(http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/4558f556a4a2d5071383e19ce517d9d7.jpg)
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: El__burro on January 10, 2016, 01:27:10 AM
All sorted!  Thanks to perseverance and some scrap metal I had in the shed.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/a94063359a88667f27580d7f0091f773.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/f5c818acf2a0491c2db3ca52717cc331.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/45a5b70976780989fb168c77246e8755.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/327f8a8bc23065f09e5cb406a96b06fc.jpg)
Thanks
El___burro
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: El__burro on April 04, 2016, 01:00:46 AM
back to square 1.
Either because of the chinese seals I've used as replacement (wich is a tiny shorter) or probably because I made a mistake in replacing them..
the seller (of the chinese seals) has sent me a new pair, I will retry tomorrow but just to make sure I get it right this time...
The seals needs to face the road the left or the right way (see img)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/3f9d2ae253b03ccb9f638956834f9752.jpg)
many thanks
el__burro
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: Bryanj on April 04, 2016, 06:42:31 AM
The flat surface should be at the top
Title: Re: Front fork assembly
Post by: El__burro on April 25, 2016, 06:35:15 PM
one is fine the other leaks, why?
el__burro