Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ed75 on December 03, 2006, 05:04:22 PM

Title: f2 part numbers
Post by: ed75 on December 03, 2006, 05:04:22 PM
does anyone know the part numbers for the barrels and pistons for a 77 f2 and also if there are any diferences between f2 barrels and other models?

thanks, Ed.
Title: Re:f2 part numbers
Post by: Gouldie on December 16, 2006, 09:05:04 AM
Ed, I have an Original CB750F2 parts manual/catalogue......once I have found it I can tell you the numbers.
There are some slight differences........ the oil way passages ane basically the same but on the later barrels and head there additional 'O' rings. Basically yes they will fit, but, CHECK for differences.
The F2 was beefed up as a last and final stand against the Kawasaki 900, nufortunately it beat us ! The CV carbs that were fitted were too heavy and gave you wrist ache, the silencer rotted at the END ! Internally.... bigger valves, longer duration cam, higher compression and stronger head/barrel bolts, larger cooling area for oil.......... the rest as they say ' is history' !
Once I find the parts book I'll post you some numbers.
Gouldie.
Title: Re:f2 part numbers
Post by: JonnyB on December 18, 2006, 08:09:30 AM
Am I right in thinking F2 Valves are un-obtainable, I have a head that dropped a Valve, and cracked a piston
Title: Re:f2 part numbers
Post by: Spitfire on December 18, 2006, 11:35:34 AM
CMS have exhaust valves, but at a price, the best bet would be to ring David Silver Spares, they do not list F2 valves but may be able to get them.

Cheers

Den