Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Sgt.Pinback on January 19, 2016, 04:24:00 PM

Title: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 19, 2016, 04:24:00 PM
Is it possible / which parts do I need to mount a double brake disk on a genuine KO frontwheel with the KO hub?
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: MarkCR750 on January 19, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
This is the how to that I used on my k7, I'm not sure if it applies to the KO but it could be a good starting point.

http://www.salocal.com/sohc/tech/dual_disks/dual_disks.htm
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 19, 2016, 08:07:38 PM
The KO hub is different to later hubs  (wider by a proxy.  4mm).

Thanks for the link anyway.
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on January 19, 2016, 08:08:48 PM
Ben Hiles is a member on sohc4.net
That document has formed the basis of quite a few conversions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Johnwebley on January 19, 2016, 08:14:10 PM
the above is a very good explanation of  a twin disc assembly,

 I fitted a set to my 500,

 a couple of tips,

 the 500 speedo drive are very rare,I managed to get one from cmsnl.com,it still needed modding to fit inside the disc
 ,part no  44641-300-000

the double length brake banjo bolt saves alot of hassle with stop lamp switch,

the 110mm disc bolts should be Goldwing items,but very rare,I used high tensile bolts,but needed to machine the heads down
from about 7mm to 4mm,so they clear the speedo gearbox,


lastly,using 500 calipers,I used a pattern GL1000/1100 master cylinder,from DSS.looks perfect and original,at less than £40
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Bryanj on January 20, 2016, 12:48:36 AM
Yet again I have to say that the speedo drive you need IS NOT a 500 one it is the one fitted to the early 750 only---Hence the 300 middle part number
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Trigger on January 20, 2016, 08:10:46 AM
What was that Bryan  ::) Could you repeat that again  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:13:30 AM
750K0 hub is different width (wider by about 4 mm) as I found to my cost  >:( as my K0 had a K1 front wheel fitted when I bought it by PO

you need service bulletin 26 I think but my links gone dead.

See here

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=121438.25

Teachers never use red ink these days y'know  ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:28:29 AM
750K0 hub is different width (wider by about 4 mm) as I found to my cost  >:( as my K0 had a K1 front wheel fitted when I bought it by PO

you need service bulletin 26 I think but my links gone dead.

See here

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=121438.25

Teachers never use red ink these days y'know  ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO

Thank you.

What do you mean with ".. to my cost"?

Found and old pic of my KO I had early 80th but don´t remember which parts were used.

Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:32:23 AM
750K0 hub is different width (wider by about 4 mm) as I found to my cost  >:( as my K0 had a K1 front wheel fitted when I bought it by PO

you need service bulletin 26 I think but my links gone dead.

See here

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=121438.25

Teachers never use red ink these days y'know  ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO

Thank you.

What do you mean with ".. to my cost"?

Found and old pic of my KO I had early 80th but don´t remember which parts were used.

Means a K0 wheel with proper hub and disc (disc is different BTW) cost me lots of money from the States.
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:34:20 AM
I know about the KO disk and the prize its worth.

But the KO hub?



BTW: have a spare KO front wheel (without disk)
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
I know about the KO disk and the prize its worth.

But the KO hub?



BTW: have a spare KO front wheel (without disk)

You need service bulletin No 26 which was in my link but link dead BUT JamesH was wise and downloaded it so he will have the SB26
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: JamesH on January 20, 2016, 08:46:58 AM
Ash, if I package up the files and send them to you could we stick them on your dropbox folder?
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: JamesH on January 20, 2016, 08:47:58 AM
Or I'll check with you if I can upload them directly there - will give you a call later. Sgt.pinback pm me your email address and I'll send through sb26 today assuming I have it.
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on January 20, 2016, 08:49:13 AM
Ash, if I package up the files and send them to you could we stick them on your dropbox folder?

Yes no prob James ... fkin stupid of me not to download and and put in my Dropbox when I found that link , it was so useful.

Can you post SB no 26 for SgtP please James?

It seems like the hub became narrower from frame number 1044650
Title: Re: Double brake disk on CB750 KO ?
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on January 20, 2016, 08:56:32 AM
Or I'll check with you if I can upload them directly there - will give you a call later. Sgt.pinback pm me your email address and I'll send through sb26 today assuming I have it.

That would be great!

PM sent